Moke body in USA

jrnardi

Moke body in USA

Post by jrnardi »

I'm interested in buying a Moke body (fiberglass?). I live in Florida USA. If you have any information on the availability and cost for body, frame, suspension, etc please let me know.
Thanks
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re: Moke body in USA

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

First of all, welcome to the forum. Now, in answer to your question, Mokes aren't made from fibreglass, even the look-alike kit cars available are all made from good old fashioned steel
Come on summer
jrnardi

Post by jrnardi »

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any information on the Moke kits available in the US. Google didn't have any links.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Strange, I just google'd Minimoke USA and found a lot of info. From the way your asking about 'Moke kits' I'm guessing your looking for one of the Chokes? (Chinesse built looks something like a Moke) then you'll need to be looking at minimokeusa.com click on the Moke DIY Kit button. I think MiniMokeUSA is part of Minimania.
Steve

Things go better with a Moke
jrnardi

Post by jrnardi »

Thanks, lots of info on the Google page. I'm not enthused about the Chokes given all the negativity on the web. I'll keep looking.
Steve

Post by Steve »

OK, then the other way to go is ebay, worth keeping an eye on it as they come up in the US every now & again.

Also take a look at miniguy.com out in SoCal
Steve

mokegrl

Post by mokegrl »

or... look for Dion Jardine, dba dj's mini parts

http://www.manta.com/c/mmcq4bn/dj-s-mini-parts

since you are in Florida. If there is anything good on the east coast he will know about it. Also, there is a body in New York which I posted about a few months ago - It is probably still available.

try the following;
This Moke shell is in very good solid condition. It was originally an Australian Moke and there are pedal mounts for either left or right drive. It is undercoated, it includes the grille, top irons and windsheild frame. There are no interior, suspension or drivetrain components but they are all readily available and I can refer you to prospective sellers. There is no ID plate on it so it will only come with a bill of sale. I can deliver it or load it for shipment at an additional charge. If you would like to view it before the auction concludes please call 508-259-6314."
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

Last edited by Dean on Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:17, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Possible slanderous comments removed. Blatant advertising also removed.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Strange that the DMV/CARB etc.. didn't have their website's closed down, both sites still being active.
Steve

werewolf

Post by werewolf »

steve will shoot you the court case about the co's OFF line.. . note they only an auto broker now.. and can NOT retail cars in Calli every again.. just shoot the head of the legal dept an email.. awang@arb.ca.gov bc
Steve

Post by Steve »

Yeah I knew that they were only a broker, he was when I first found his site 3 or 4 years ago now, but still a great site if your looking to buy a Mini or Moke in the US. As for the other company, surely it can't have been worth the few grand in deposits to train wreck a very well known and viable business could it?
Last edited by Dean on Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:21, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Reference to previous names co's removed.
Steve

werewolf

Post by werewolf »

steve . why would you want to pay a broker to find you a moke in the USA???? just plain dumb.. auto brokers do have Lic to wholesale here.NOT retail and. are NOT bonded for $50000 like retail dealer in the USA. in most states.. old saying , never buy anything sight unseen un less you can PICK it up over your head.. most of the mokes here are long gone and rusted away.. dont forget to import mini or moke into the usa it MUST be 25 years or older.. a few mokes were imported through the Austin/Morris dealers in 1967 and maybe 200-300 in last few year.s , as scarce as hens teeth in the usa.. bc
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

steve.. you lots of scammers here that post GHOST mini and mokes on ebay and craiglist.org the cars do NOT exist.. this is why I recommend that anyone here go see the moke in PERSON.. If this happens from Lic dealer.. ( which I really doubt) you can file complaint the the DMV dealer board in that state and get your money back.. against his dealer bond.. when you buy from private party and there is NO moke or total POS.. you are out of luck here.. because ebay.com or pay pal will NOT stand behind car purchase here in the USA> and you can STOP payment on Pay Pal or CC AFTER you get the car and title.. bad thing really bc
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

There is article in March 2012 in MINI WORLD on me importing chokes in the USA and getting US titles. without any problem and legally.. we use MVR 55, kit car app. MVR 92 h title bond. and get NC vin number in week and NC title in 4 weeks.. bc
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

There is going to me new FIBERGLASS moke shell coming out of Milano Italy I was told today.. I know the guys there.. nice looking. but of your course you PURISTs here will turn your nose up at it.. no matter how nice it is.. btw.. the chokes shells are rather nice. the major problem we have had with them was first getting the registered LEGALLY here in North Carolina and then the brake master cly ( replace with GMC 227 yellow band ) and right rear wheel clys.. and moving the gear stick back FOUR inches in MUST.. bc

Return to “Bodyshell”