Moke body in USA

GPmoke

Re: Moke body in USA

Post by GPmoke »

hello Janz
thanks
i think there is market too!! :wink:

tehre are people that like MOKES but they don-t have colture and prefer modern one maybe injection and automatica
but that is ok!
GPmoke

Post by GPmoke »

werewolf wrote:gianluca posted me about 8 .jpgs of new filberglass moke replica .. but can NOT figure out how to post here in forum? it was easy on the ads different format?? later bc aka WEREWOLF.
sorry but i did not sent you any pictures! :?
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

you can import rolling shell into theUSA like chokes but the fiberglass shell opens up new can of worms.. the chokes are gavi steel shells.. where the fiberglass have to have engineers report to be able to put on the road in most states here in the USA later bc
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

I am almost out of chokes. I am finshing up the last couple this week. ( just waiting on DMV to assign the state issue vin numbers ( called NCS). and then looking at the new anderson cubs to import.. www.amcgb.com Most of the UK mokes are long rusted away here in the USA.. and very very few Oz mokes here.. later bc
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

What about the new production facility in China - you know, the one with the brochure with the safety bumpers Moke?
Get a life, Get a Moke...
JanZ
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

Think you are talking about the new project with Cheryinternational.com They have sloped front end like US jeep.. going to have chinese engines.. no more details. I hope to have demo in about 6 months.. later bc
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Why ?
Come on summer
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Well, quite happy for a new Moke from a (relatively) serious manufacturer. I guess they will all be factory produced. They will come no matter what we feel or do. Let's hope they give all the experience, but will be different enough.... to be recognised as a different thing. It's irritating enough when Mini enthusiast magazines print pictures of Chokes stating that they're nice Mokes :roll: Chokes will be Chokes and will provide their owners a lot of driving fun.... but like an Andersen Cub, a Scout or a Cherry International product... they are not Mokes.
JanZ
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

janz the new website is www.mokeinternational.com will be made in Wuzi China.. from Cheryinternational.com I heard they are going to make 1000 a year... I will be able to import as CKD into the USA as I did the chokes and get state issue vin numbers called NCS with MVR 55 ( custom and kits) and MVR 92 ( title bond) No price yet.. later bc
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

I hope to have one of the 3rd generation in spring 2013.. I have appoval to import as CKD from our DOT /EPA.. and US CUSTOMS. will update. btw. I see that www.miniguy.com is selling BMW minis now in LA.... could NOT happen to nicer guy.. feliz navidad bc
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

werewolf wrote:janz the new website is http://www.mokeinternational.com will be made in Wuzi China.. from Cheryinternational.com I heard they are going to make 1000 a year... I will be able to import as CKD into the USA as I did the chokes and get state issue vin numbers called NCS with MVR 55 ( custom and kits) and MVR 92 ( title bond) No price yet.. later bc

I have just registered to receive updates.

I wonder how much junk mail i will now receive?
Having a moking good time!
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Are you implying that the transfer percentage of mail from said sender to your junk mail box will be 100% :shock:
JanZ
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

janz wrote:Are you implying that the transfer percentage of mail from said sender to your junk mail box will be 100% :shock:
Probably more. 8)
Having a moking good time!
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

If you buy JUST a body. fiberglass. what are you going to do for VIN number as new shells will NOT have one?? Here in NC , you would have to have engineers report along with MVR 31.. NCS state vin number app. and MVR 92 title bond and MVR 55 kit car app.. and MUST run and drive.. I am doing this on the Chokes.. and sure NOT an easy process and takes FOUR months to get NC title after you get vin inpection L/T 270 done.. and about same process for imports from UK with our antique, custom and kit car law now in NC.. later bc
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Hey Lon, have you a profile for your less hairy condition 'bcmokes' :wink: :?:
JanZ

Return to “Bodyshell”