Reflector location ?

pbraun

Reflector location ?

Post by pbraun »

I have never seen a thread about this, and there are no holes there in my shell, so how do I locate exactly where to place the two rear reflectors?

Anyone have any measurements? How far down from the top of the rear panel?

How far over from the side? like that. Might be handy to know. I don't want to just slap them on in the general location.
peter
1965 Mini Moke, English built, on the road again!
Wally2
MMC Member

Re: Reflector location ?

Post by Wally2 »

Hi Peter,
My reflectors are 70mm (2.75") down from the top edge of the rear panel and 120mm (4.75") in from the side of the rear panel, both dimensions to the centre of the reflector
Hope this helps.
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
pbraun

Post by pbraun »

Great, Chris! You come to my assistance once again! Thanks so much ! Now that makes several beers I will buy you - we may never make it out of the pub at this rate!

BTW, I see your spare tire mount fits with the tire above the bumper. What sort of mount do you have for that wheel/tire combo. I have 10" reverse rims with 165/70 tires and am figuring out what to do for that.
peter
1965 Mini Moke, English built, on the road again!
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi Peter,
Mine has the standard reinforcing bracket on the rear panel
With a longer threaded bar (M10 thread I think) through one of the wheel fixing holes with nuts either side clamping the bar to the rear panel and the wheel to the bar, rather than using the usual clamping plate through the wheel centre hole as it wouldn't line up. My wheels are deeper being 10 x 5J, this way you can position the wheel to rest on the bumper bar and position it so the tyre just clamps up against the rear panel.
As you can see I've also added a plastic covered steel cable as a safety/anti theft loop which is secured to the rear floor.
Cheers
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Peter,
My tyres are also 165/70!
You can see the threaded bar and nuts (two either side the wheel and either side the rear panel).
Note the missing reflector! My Moke only had one on when I bought it, I added the second one after I noticed other Mokes had two!
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D

Return to “Bodyshell”