Before paint questions

Willie_B

Before paint questions

Post by Willie_B »

I have a new MKI English moke shell that I need to make the shifter hole for magic wand. Is the hole centered on the hump side to side? Also how close to the bend up to the firewall should the outer edge of the shift boot metal ring be?

I did not noticed when I dropped the gas tank where the 3 pads were. So where do they go during re-install of the tank?

Last, for now at least, the metal hooks on the bonnet for the rubber toggles. Are they painted body color or not?
20190808_140656.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Live Laugh Moke
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re: Before paint questions

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

I can get a picture of the position for you, it’ll be later today at best though. That said, where you’ve put it looks about right
The toggle hooks are body colour
Come on summer
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi Looks like you are in the right place
It's just about central
Hooks are body colour.
Cannot help with the pads for the tank, never had mine out. There are no pads shown on the parts list or in the manual for removing the tank?
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Willie_B

Post by Willie_B »

Thanks for the pics, that makes that part clear.

Another question. The pegs along the top of the windscreen that the hood attaches to, painted or not? I have seen pics both ways. This is not a show moke but I do want it to be close to stock looking.

I thought restoring a moke would be easier than a mini when it came time to paint. I have over 30 pieces besides the body that need to be painted when the body gets done. The list seems to grow.
Live Laugh Moke
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

The hood pegs are usually a chrome finish, I think if painted the paint would soon be removed by the 'lift the dot' fasteners on the hood.
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

As Chris says, the hood fastenings are the plated metal finish.... as a note, if you’ve not got the existing holes in the screen frame for the hood fastenings be careful when you drill it and don’t hit the glass screen
Come on summer

Return to “Bodyshell”