Side cover dzus install

Willie_B

Side cover dzus install

Post by Willie_B »

Replacing the dzus fasteners and springs. When installing the spring would it be better to use steel or aluminum rivets?

I have had to learn so much about dzus fasteners, grommets and springs just to do this. Thought they were a pretty basic thing but not at all. Special tool for the grommet install to hold the fastener in, I really don't want to buy so will get creative on that.
Live Laugh Moke
Tim

Re: Side cover dzus install

Post by Tim »

Steel rivets, don't mix your metals.

I replaced all of the dzuses on mine a few years back using supplies I sourced from the club. They came with plastic retainers that I just pushed on with my fingers.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
Willie_B

Post by Willie_B »

Got the aluminum grommets installed. Online searching led to way to use an angle head screw to start the fold over on the back side. Then a bolt and washer to finish it. I have the plastic retainer or a spring clip to hold the fastener in. Who needs that fancy/expensive install tool anyway.
20191229_142905.jpg
20191229_143741.jpg
20191229_143959.jpg
20191229_144105.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Live Laugh Moke
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Well that certainly does the job....and neatly too
Come on summer
Tim

Post by Tim »

Very clever.

When I did mine I cut the heads off the old fasteners and left the grommets in place.
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.

Return to “Bodyshell”