Australian Hood Frame (Bows)

PJ

Re: Australian Hood Frame (Bows)

Post by PJ »

Last edited by PJ on Mon Mar 07, 2016 18:27, edited 1 time in total.
You don't give up Moking when you get old ...... you get old when you give up Moking!
Pete

Post by Pete »

PJ,

I have a set of off my Moke. I am looking to put a Portuguese style roll cage on my Aussie moke.
Not sure how I could get it to you. I am in Australia.
PJ

Post by PJ »

Last edited by PJ on Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:10, edited 1 time in total.
You don't give up Moking when you get old ...... you get old when you give up Moking!
okeymokey

Post by okeymokey »

pj sent you a message i didn't realise there was so much interest in hood frames, for all other people on this thread i can make templates up if they want to make their own, getting the radius right is easy but you won't do it with a conventional bender.

cheers lester 8)
HAPPY MOKING PEOPLE
Daniel
MMC Member

Post by Daniel »

Hi,

I would also be interested in more infos as I´m currently in the process of making my own ones. Do you have any drwaings with detailed dimensions?
I could get some of the dimensions from another Moke a few weeks ago but I´m not sure if all was original.

Thanks,
Daniel
The Moke model car overview: http://www.mokemodels.com
Pete

Post by Pete »

Pj,
I am in Adelaide, South Australia. My hood bars are off my 1977 moke. they were attached toward the rear of the side panels on two lugs welded t the car. I am looking to put a portuguese style roll bar on to hold the hood, so won't be needing these any more. I'll try and get a pic as soon as I can. Just have to dig it out of the shed. They hood is ruined but the bows are in great shape.

Pete
igtromoke

Post by igtromoke »

PJ wrote:I'm looking for a complete hood frame set for a 'P' reg Moke:

Can the experts out there tell me how the Australian bows have changed over the years as I understand there are several different versions?

Has anyone had a set of Chinese ones, which version (year) of the Aussie are they based on, and are they any good?

Lastly, being very optimistic, does anyone have anything suitable for sale?

PJ
Cant help you with above PJ but I am interested in the Portugese seats you have , you can contact me at igtro9@gmail.com with your prices etc .

Best regards

Ian T

Return to “Hood/Seats”