Seat runners for English Moke seat

janz
MMC Member

Re: Seat runners for English Moke seat

Post by janz »

Yep.... I can relate, havin' one for the road, cos it ain't that late........ yet :D
Someone said "haven't you learned yet?" - so I am consulting the Teachers :lol:
Get a life, Get a Moke...
JanZ
bnicho

Post by bnicho »

Good that you have solved teh problem. :)

My previous seats were mounted on runenrs from a Daihatsu Handivan. The current seats use runners from an 84 Honda Civic. Both sets of runners required a couple of bolt holes to be drilled in the runners and were not complicated to fit. They were each $40AU for the set from the local "Pinch-A-Part" self-serve wreckers.

Cheers,
"Sell you my Moke? I'd rather sit on a cactus!"
Mopoke - 1971 Aussie Big Wheeler Moke with 1275 A+ powah.
Plus classic Minis and a Beetle just to mix things up a bit.
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Was quite lucky with the set I got. Only had to stretch one hole on the lower runner. Problem is that the runners add 19mm to the height of the seat. The English seat position is quite high already and tall persons would end up not just headbutting flies, but actually eating them as well :lol: My driver seat was lowered by a previous owner by cutting off the original horizontal mounting part of the seat, then folding the steel at the first crease inwards and putting holes in the now new horizontal surface. For me the seat was then too low as my knees ended up around my ears and the wheel stuck in the belly :roll: Now, with the runners fitted the seat is about 5" back and still about 15mm lower (look at that - metric and imperial in the same post :o ) than normal. Driving position is excellent for me (6'3") now and better than in other Moke with 80s OZ seats moved all the way back. Funny thing is, the missus (5'3") finds the same driving position works for her too :)
JanZ
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

What about the poor back seat passengers
Come on summer
Robin Jones

Post by Robin Jones »

Nigel(no top)Sykes wrote:What about the poor back seat passengers
What? The ones without legs??
This is Matt Jones Son of Robin.
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

last time I saw Jan's Moke there was no room for a back seat. Tent, cooking, sleeping bags & other stuff.................
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
Robin Jones

Post by Robin Jones »

grantourer wrote:last time I saw Jan's Moke there was no room for a back seat. Tent, cooking, sleeping bags & other stuff.................
Oh so the rear passenger has no arms or legs.... What would his name be if you tossed him into a swimming pool???

Bob :roll:
This is Matt Jones Son of Robin.
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Actually, the joke ending with 'the moral of the story is....quit whilst you're still a head' springs to mind :wink:
C'mon guys, the space in the back of a Moke is 'Limo' like. Anyway, with that mighty 848cc terrier treading the rubber band under the bonnet, you don't really want rear passengers unless the floor is holey..... then they can contribute Fred and Barney style :lol:
grantourer wrote:last time I saw Jan's Moke there was no room for a back seat. Tent, cooking, sleeping bags & other stuff.................
Do you remember the IOW event. We were so laden in the back, we forgot the ferry ticket was loosely tucked in between the pots and pans. Up the hill towards the gun emplacements, the wind got the better of it. Phil B luckily rescued it mid flight :lol: But the last time you saw Elmer (Fud) Moke was on the way to and at the ever so sunny and dry campsite at Arkholme :roll: with the Moke trailer..... overtaking PJ in his empty and trailerless Portuguese Moke going uphill on the Fosse way 8)
JanZ
Triggermann

Post by Triggermann »

Janz and all,
I know this is an old thread but I am looking at a Mk2 English Moke.

I am 6ft 6in tall (198cm) with a 36 inch (91cm) inside leg. My only experience is with Portuguese Mokes, and from what I've read the English Mokes driving position is compact. Can you offer any advice on adapting the car rather than orthopaedic surgery for me?

Thanks Andy
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi Andy,
I managed to move my English seat back about another inch by redrilling some holes, but if you need more what about these?
They are only 19mm deep so wouldn't raise the seat too much.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250840724515 ... 1436.l2649
Hopefully you may be able to find something similar in your neck of the woods!
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Triggermann

Post by Triggermann »

Thanks Chris.

Return to “Hood/Seats”