Australian Hoods.

Martin108

Australian Hoods.

Post by Martin108 »

Hi folks, I'm new to the Moke world. I am currently restoring a 1976 Australian Moke and would like to know what are my options on hoods. Whats available, what should I fit? Should I fit a roll cage, etc.
grantourer
MMC Member

Re: Australian Hoods.

Post by grantourer »

Hi, and welcome to the Forum, if you are in the UK. Runamoke does a complete hood kit, or will fit them for you. With regards to Roll Cages, if you want to fit inertia reel seat belts you will need one.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
Tim

Re: Australian Hoods.

Post by Tim »

Roll cages are a bit of a personal choice. I much prefer the look of a Moke without a roll cage. The roll cage bulks them up and takes away some of the low flat look. The problem is, the best seatbelt you can manage without a roll cage is really just a lap belt, and you will headbutt the firewall in a crash.

Its almost 20 years since I crashed my previous Moke, but my current one has a roll cage and good quality recoil lap sash belts. I tell myself that it doesn't look too bad.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.

Return to “Hood/Seats”