Wiring loom

Shaun78

Wiring loom

Post by Shaun78 »

Hi,I'm thinking ahead a bit on my restoration,just wondering about places to get a wiring loom for my 78 Australian,anyone had experience with autosparks or vin wire Australia,I was thinking about doing it myself but after costing the wire and connectors it works out just as cheap to buy one.
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re: Wiring loom

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

I’ve had an autosparks one (for an English moke) and it was pretty good, certainly looks the part, and came with all the optional bits of wire and connectors. Speaking of connectors, it’s best to check them all before installing the loom if you get one. Some of the bullet connectors on mine pulled off the wire when I tried to unplug them.
Come on summer
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Hi, used Autosparks on Mini vans, Estates and English Mokes. Had trouble with Aussie looms. I used Vintage wire in Melbourne for my Aussie and Judith's Portuguese. No problems at all with either loom. Paul is excellent to deal with.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
Shaun78

Post by Shaun78 »

I was thinking probably use vintage wire in Australia I had been told by others for aussie cars they have been spot on.
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

One thing to note. Paul uses BA9s bulb holders rather than the MES variety, makes life much easier, as BA9s bulbs are bayonet fitting they do not tend to stick in the fitting.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
Dean
MMC Member

Post by Dean »

Shaun78

Post by Shaun78 »

I have been I contact with Paul at vinwire,he was very helpful,going to make a couple of alterations I want,he told me they number all the wires to aid installation.
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Glad to hear you have spoken to Paul. yes you will receive an A4 sheet with all the numbers and their function. When I got my looms. i sat down with each one and the sheets and went through them. Made life easier on the install, and everything worked first time on both.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
Shaun78

Post by Shaun78 »

Hi all,just to update my loom was delivered yesterday from vinwire Australia,it looks really well made,all wires numbered and a print out telling what each wire is for,very happy with it,I would recommend Paul at vinwire for anyone thinking about a new loom for an aussie moke.

Return to “Electrical”