Moke wind screen wiper motor

janz
MMC Member

Moke wind screen wiper motor

Post by janz »

Does anyone have a Lucas FW2 in spares or repair condition that they could 'spare' a part of? :wink:

Mine (on 64 Austin) is missing the 'handle' next to the switch. Presently there is just a bolt with a nut on it. Any comments on how it would fit would be appreciated too :) Thanks

Get a life, Get a Moke...
JanZ
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re: Moke wind screen wiper motor

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

I'm bidding for one on fleabay at the moment.....All V.pricey and attracting lots of interest when they come up. If you get the handle you'll need the nut to go with it as they are round with a slotted head
Come on summer
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Oh ! And by the way try putting LandRover series 2 wiper in the fleabay search box, that'll get results for you
Come on summer
Gijzzy

Post by Gijzzy »

A bit dark but:
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Hi Guys, thanks for the excellent info and help....

Gijzzy... always thought you were a gentleman, looking after you passengers before yourself.... :) Ahhhhh, forgot, you guys drive on the wrong side of the road :wink: Only joking :) The body of your motor seems smaller or is it the black band/cover?
Nigel(no top)Sykes wrote:I'm bidding for one on fleabay at the moment.....All V.pricey and attracting lots of interest when they come up. If you get the handle you'll need the nut to go with it as they are round with a slotted head
Thanks Nigel, I was wondering how it went on, expecting a bolt or screw, but its a recessed slotted nut by the looks of it. Let's hope we're not bidding on the same one :shock: If you win.... will you courteously hand the handle and nut over to me? :lol:
JanZ
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

I've got a spare nut (If you stop bidding & I win) :mrgreen:
Come on summer
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

I haven't started bidding yet..... I 'slam' one in in the last second :mrgreen:

I'll have a spare motor minus handle and nut.... if you're interested :P
JanZ
Gijzzy

Post by Gijzzy »

Yes it is sort of a cover I think. Haven't put it on my self.
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

So Janz, you've got a working motor spare but no handle and I (might) have a handle and nut but no working motor.
Is that correct ? :roll:
Come on summer
kenbutterfield

Post by kenbutterfield »

Janz...I have a spare completete wiper motor, that has been at the back of my garage for twenty five years now...and I am happy to let you have the lever/screw off it ...just let me know?...ken
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Hi Ken, that's really kind of you :D . Naturally I would insist on returning the favour :) I'll call you later.
To be honest, I haven't managed to get the motor working yet. I am unsure of how the unit actually works. The supplement booklet talks about turning the handle clockwise, anticlockwise, pulling and pushing it and then actuating the switch... or is it all the other way round :? I tried turning the shaft and can see it is connected to the wiper arm. Can't turn it though. Is there anything electrical that happens when the shaft is disengaged from the switch that is currently stopping it from working? I have found a repair manual on-line that does show some features on the shaft.... I will get the Fluke on there tomorrow to check if power is getting to it. If yes... then it's on to windings, commutators and brushes (assuming it isn't psuedo AC brushless 8) )..... and positive earth :roll:
JanZ
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Nigel(no top)Sykes wrote:So Janz, you've got a working motor spare but no handle and I (might) have a handle and nut but no working motor.
Is that correct ? :roll:
Currently, all I have is the unit installed in Moke.... not working, but if I win one.......... things could change 8)
JanZ
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

The swich that's there on your unit is the one that turns it on and off. When you turn the motor off you have to be spot on with your timing to get the wiper parked at the bottom of the screen. The missing lever can then be pulled out a little, this allows you to turn the arm manually and thereby park the wiper properly. With the wiper adjusted properly on the splines when you do park it the (missing) lever actually fits into the little indentation on the end of the on/off switch holding the wiper in the park position
Come on summer
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Forgot to say...... It also acts in a single wipe function if you don't turn the motor on.
Come on summer

Return to “Electrical”