Electronic ignition

Wally2
MMC Member

Re: Electronic ignition

Post by Wally2 »

Hi Spider (Chris),
Thanks for that, the kit I bought came with a matched coil so that's what I fitted. As I said previous it's been on for over 3000 miles now and (touch wood!) I've had no problems, the engine runs sweet, powers up and fuel consumption is slightly better. One thing, my 850cc has a 998cc cylinder head on it which improved the compression ratio.
As I also said, I did find that the manufacturer was less than helpful when I asked questions, attitude was one of 'you've bought it now over to you!' a more helpful attitude would have gone a long way. After fitting the new system the Moke went in for MOT and a tune, all was much better when I got it back.
Will keep an eye on it, bearing in mind your findings.
Thanks (I think!) for your input.
Cheers
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Trundlebug

Post by Trundlebug »

Thanks for your replies.

I was thinking of fitting an Accuspark to my existing distributor just to replace the points, thereby retaining the correct advance curve which I appreciate is critical, even more so in my modified 998 engine with Piper 270 cam and stage 5 head.

I understand I'll have to replace my much cherished copper HT leads with silicone, but will my original coil be OK?
spider
MMC Member

Post by spider »

You can retain your Copper HT Leads but you might want to think about fitting suppressed caps (if you don't already have them).

In regards to your coil, I really would suggest that you ask Accuspark.
Old Mokers never die, they just smell that way.

Return to “Electrical”