Moke speedo Q and wiper motor Q

Jamesi85

Moke speedo Q and wiper motor Q

Post by Jamesi85 »

Hi all I have just brought a moke which I plan to use for summre then Strip to restore after, has any one got picture of a genuine mk1 mini moke single wiper motor to compare to one I have also my speedo works but millgae stuck so need to look at getting sorted but my QS is does a 65 moke have the green indicator light on at 12oclock or just the the light on the end of stalk thanks James
Wally2
MMC Member

Re: Moke speedo Q and wiper motor Q

Post by Wally2 »

Hi James,
Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of Moking!
This is the Lucas FW2 wiper motor for the single wiper on the mk1 Moke
The green indicator light at the 12 o'clock position on the speedo was used as the indicator repeater light on the mini saloons. The Moke has the repeater light on the end of the indicator stalk. I have the green one on the speedo but it has no bulb or bulb holder in it. I'm not sure if all Mokes have the green lens on the speedo but not used, mine has one because the speedo has been replaced at some point with one from a mini.
Cheers
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Jamesi85

Post by Jamesi85 »

Thanks very much for info mine has light on stalk .i looked at wiring diagram for my year and say no light should be on clocks just stalk so I asume the clock been changed but it's faulty so gona be replaced again lol could I get a photo of the wiper side of you screen does it have the 2 bolt either side of wiper fixing as my moke has 2 holes but the motor only is held with the bolt in middle if makes sense?
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi James,
The wiper motor has two fixings as per
And before installation
If yours is not a Lucas FW2 they are still available on E-Bay but can be expensive and the fixings and spindle may need modifying for it to fit on the Moke.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Landrover-ser ... SwIUNXFiOe
It would seem that the proper Moke speedo does not have the green warning light at 12 o'clock as you can see from this photo of Jan's mk1 dash, so it would seem that both our speedo's have been changed at some point.
Hope these help
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Jamesi85

Post by Jamesi85 »

Thanks very much for the info very help full

Return to “Electrical”