Dzus Fasteners

Freewheeling banter.....anything goes as long as it's clean and nothing to do with Mokes.
Hillman

Dzus Fasteners

Post by Hillman »

Does anyone know of a source of Moke - identical Dzus fasteners and retainers to replace worn out or damaged fasteners on moke panels.

If not, how many people require such fasteners?

We are looking into ordering the fasteners from the manufacturer, but need to order over 200 units to make it cost-effective.
kenbutterfield

Post by kenbutterfield »

I would suggest that John Bastin was the man to contact fot these...He is the spares guy for the Mini Moke club and almost certain to have them ?
Ken
Dean
MMC Member

Post by Dean »

Yep,
The Club has stocked the correct size Dzus fasteners for many years but, unfortunately, doesn't advertise this fact very often.
Dean.
mpmoke

Post by mpmoke »

I searched for a while until I realised that the club had them in stock! Just ordered from the spare parts section and had the delivered a short time afterwards, just excellent service! 8)
BMC Mini Moke 1967, English, yellow (object..)
BMC Mini Moke 1964, Rhodesian, green (running)
pbraun

Re: Dzus Fasteners

Post by pbraun »

Good the club has them, but.... what is the size? How is it measured? The SouthCo site has some very complicated measuring directions.
peter
1965 Mini Moke, English built, on the road again!
Tim

Post by Tim »

They're problematic to specify. I looked at getting a group buy together and came up with two problems. The first was getting the correct measurement (they are a #5, from memory), then you had to specify the undercut, the head type, the finish etc etc. The next problem was that they only wanted to supply in large lots. As I recall, they were going to charge me the same price for enough to do one Moke or for 1000. I gave up and bought them from the club - much easier!

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
pbraun

Post by pbraun »

Yes, Tim,

I am going round and round with SouthCo, in Florida, US, and coming to the same conclusion.
They want to sell large quantities, I want 10.
My fingers can't work the calipers and hold a fastener at the same time!
Cheers,
peter
Tim

Post by Tim »

Here's the thread from the Australian Moke Forum from when I was chasing them. There are some dimensions and part numbers in it. Its ten years ago now but the links still work. https://www.mokeforum.com.au/index.php?topic=300.0

I was trying to get them from DFCI (Dzus Fastener Company International). At the time there was a bit of a disagreement between DFCI and Southco, over who owned the name 'Dzus'. I understand Southco fixed that by buying out DFCI.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
pbraun

Post by pbraun »

NOw, I am getting some from the club, some to use, some to save for spares.... I wish I could find the rubber retaining collars - can't remember who said they had those. The aluminum are cumbersome to use, to say the least. They suck.
peter
Tim

Post by Tim »

The ones I got from the club had nylon retaining collars - dead easy to fit. Far out, it was 11 years ago! I can therefore say that they last well too.

Tim
pbraun

Post by pbraun »

:wink: 8 yeah! Mine are coming!
peter

Return to “Side Scream”