Hi From Australia

Freewheeling banter.....anything goes as long as it's clean and nothing to do with Mokes.
heartbeata

Hi From Australia

Post by heartbeata »

Hi Everyone,
As you can see I am from Australia. I have never owned a Moke but my Husband has many years ago in the early 1970's. He & about half a dozen of his mates started the first Moke Club in Adelaide where he had many yrs of fun & trips around Flinders Rangers & South Australia right up to Birdsville( before it became popular with tourism). Now many years later he looks back on those years with fond memories & he wishes that he had kept in touch with his much loved Moke Mates, but as we left S.Aust. to live interstate we lost touch.
Now to get to the question I would like to ask. Does anyone on here from Australia remember my husband Graham Shepherd. The president of the club was Greg but we can't remember his name Surname,he use to live in Uraidla a suburb of Adelaide. If anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated. I know that it could be a big ask, but you never know who is reading this.
Many Thanks
Heartbeata.
spider
MMC Member

Re: Hi From Australia

Post by spider »

Thread revival!

Sorry, I only just found this and it's likely the OP has long gone, but I hope not.

Yes, I remember hearing of Graham, but haven't met, a little before my time. I am still in touch with Greg 'Bwana' Rinder - founder and former President - almost on a daily basis!

So, you'd remember the Schoffs, the Rayners (also in touch with them just about every day), Ray Davis (Genius), Barry Smith, 'Mad' Max Kinsmore, Neil Spouse (also communicate regularly with him), Nick Bradshaw, Chris Lane, Frank King, Rick Jensen, Jim Forrest, John Whitburn, John Buckerfield, Warwick Williams and other blasts from the pasts.

Drop me a PM - if you're still about - and we can go from there!
Old Mokers never die, they just smell that way.

Return to “Side Scream”