Knobbed

Freewheeling banter.....anything goes as long as it's clean and nothing to do with Mokes.
Doug G
MMC Member

Knobbed

Post by Doug G »

Yesterday I went into the office around 1:pm (public holiday) in my Mini Moke that I just picked up from the chap that fixed the brakes(lecturer at the tech college).

Came out about 5:30.

The battery was totally flat.

Somebody got in and played around with the switches and left the wiper and lights 'ON'.

Then not satisfied he/she (what a prat) removed and took the (original) gear knob with them. :evil:

GrrrR!

The gear knob was held in position, with some epoxy in the recess as the threads were trashed, but was loose from overuse.

OK, My friend came around as got it started with a hand held car starter (great thing).

I drove off and about 100'0" down the road I glanced a familiar shape.

Yes, it was the gear knob lying just on the tarmac, near the gutter.

Oh well, a few beer tokens saved on not having to get a replacement knob.

There is a CCTV (Govt) there but I have decided not to bother with the rigmarole and hassle of trying to see or get the footage to identify the miscreant that dared touch my priceless possession. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you still have your original knob ? :D
Having a moking good time!
Tim

Re: Knobbed

Post by Tim »

Mine has an original knob, but not the original knob. Somewhere along the way the original knob was substituted for a go-faster knob from an auto accessories shop. It probably had a redback spider or something in it. When I got it, I fitted a replacement. I've done this a few times.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

Mine looks like this but NOT in anywhere as good a condition. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim

Post by Tim »

Yes, that's the early gear knob. When they changed to the rodchange gearbox they changed the knob to one that had more grip when you lift the gearstick to go into reverse. The later ones are wider and made of brown plastic that was meant to look like leather or wood grain.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

"brown plastic that was meant to look like leather or wood grain"

Ugh!

Return to “Side Scream”