Lockdown!!!!!!!!

Freewheeling banter.....anything goes as long as it's clean and nothing to do with Mokes.
Wally2
MMC Member

Lockdown!!!!!!!!

Post by Wally2 »

After a few months of winter windy,wet, cold and horrible weather, here we are with blue skies, 20 degrees and Still cannot go out in the Moke. Grrrrrrrrrrr.
I'm only on week 3 of 12 week isolation, 9 more weeks will become unbearable I'm sure, but I suppose we must prevail. Not even sure the lockdown will be eased even then, could go on till the wet and cold winter returns grrrrrrrrrrrr.
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Jez

Re: Lockdown!!!!!!!!

Post by Jez »

Lets hope not !

I was so looking forward to this very full year of Moking events ! Let's hope some events survive as well as all our club members eh ?

Jez
DBL 785B
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

All I seem to be doing is ordering stuff online, waiting for it to arrive, fitting it then ordering more stuff. Four days ago it was “decided!” that we should trim the hedge at the front of the house. Hopefully by tomorrow I should have finished burning the remnants :shock:
Come on summer
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

We are/were not getting any international mail as our borders, sea and airports are closed and have been since 25 April.

Repatriation charters, FeEx, DHL, air ambulance flights are allowed, as area cargo (food etc) and sea cargo (containers).

Fortunately, we have had only19 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and all have recovered, so no deaths.
While we had confirmed cases, we were under 24 hour lockdowns at weekends (Fri night to Mon morning) and overnight (Mon - Thur lockdown/ curfew from 7pm to 5am) during the week.
Now reduced to overnight curfew from 8pm to 5am (8pm to 5am on Fri/Sat/Sun) .

Allowed to visit beach 5am to 10am.

Wearing a mask in public is compulsory, as is 6'0" social distancing.

Restaurants and bars are take-out meals only. The Delivery chaps are doing well.

HOWEVER we can buy alcohol in supermarket.

PLUS The Brewery will deliver Carib, Stag, Skol, Heineken beers to your home (minimum two cases). Life can be hard for some. 😁
Having a moking good time!

Return to “Side Scream”