The Official Website of IMM 2013

Scarperia, Mugello, Italy.
Tony Freeman

Re: The Official Website of IMM 2013

Post by Tony Freeman »

Hi Jan

Go to Railsavers they are the booking agents, there is only one destination at the moment it is Den Bosch to Livorno. Would be nice to see you there.

Tony
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

I could even consider taking the English Moke.... our company has an office in Nijmegen - even if I trailer Moke there and leave V70 and trailer there, it's not a long drive to Den Bosch. Then catch the train...... I might just be able to fit it in. I am carrying 4 days hols over to next year - so should be able to do it. Let's use that as a starting point - we will go! and tackle the hurdles as they come :D
Get a life, Get a Moke...
JanZ
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Great news, jan. be good to see you there, and do not forget the mechandise.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Ahhhh the merchandise.... apart from the box of Polo Shirts (post to follow with quantities and prices) there still isn't anything great to anounce. Finding good suppliers has been a trial. Finding outfits that will do quantity runs is easy, but I want to avoid holding lots of stock of a few sizes of one or two boring items. What I need are companies that will make to 'online' order. The first 3 I contacted (ones that do likewise for MG Owners and Car Club, Triumph owners club etc) want turnover figures before they will even consider us. Well, one is always willing to quote potential, but actuals have been p-ss poor over the last years. Once Crimbo is over, there will be another hunt for suppliers. The ideas are there, the logos are there.... I am sure we will have something for the IMM. We will need to stock for thatand it may prove to be a good trial base for what sells.
JanZ
dingbat0

Post by dingbat0 »

Hi, Steve and Kate,
We will be there, trailering the English with the 'hippy bus' and our 2 sons are driving the Portuguese down. We are leaving the UK on Thurs. 9th and going via Belgium, Luxembourg, France and Switzerland, (unanimous family decision) and going at a more leisurely pace, about 160 miles a day. Coming back, we are going via Austria and Germany to catch the ferry on the 25th. Does anybody know the situation with the vignette in Switzerland, ie is it better to pre purchase them or buy them at the border? Also what is everybody doing about registration at the IMM, individually or as a club?
Regards, Mick and Yvonne.
flyboy

Post by flyboy »

Hi everybody
I will be contacting you all over the next week to get all your details, so I can send in the Moke club registration forms .

Stephen.
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Tony Freeman wrote:Hi Jan

Go to Railsavers they are the booking agents, there is only one destination at the moment it is Den Bosch to Livorno. Would be nice to see you there.

Tony
Have just been to the site and calculated the costs...... Den Bosch - Livorno - Den Bosch with Moke, and 2 people sharing a 4 berth couchette...... £890 :o plus you need to stay for a full week :shock: Tony... tell me I've got it wrong :?: I'll be staying at home me thinks
JanZ
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

From my memories of motorail (very old ones) that's probably about right!!
Come on summer
Robfixer

Post by Robfixer »

To those that are planning to drive all the way - Have you considered using the Ramsgate to Ostend ferry. We have driven to Brussels several times and found that despite the ferry time being 4 hours against 1.5 or so for Dover Calais you end up with 50 miles less driving (to Brussels anyway) and the sea trip is quieter and more relaxing after a long drive to the port from home. Depends the route you plan to drive from Calais though.
Tony Freeman

Post by Tony Freeman »

Hi Dingbat,

Regards vignette for Switzerland, you automatically have to stop at the border just get out and walk in and pay, very simple.

Hi Janz,

Yes I forgot you were only going for the weekend and the train only runs on Saturdays, the cost for us that are sharing the snoring cabin works out at £288 but we were only coming back on it, a meal in the dining was an optional extra.
flyboy

Post by flyboy »

Hi Everyone

I am sitting doing all the paperwork for the intrepid Moke Movement, better known as the IMM and did not want to miss out anyone who is wishing to attend, even if they are not travelling with the group. !

If you are planning to come to Italy and join the Moke Club there and you would like me to organise registration and payment I would really like to know by next Friday please.

I am sure there will be people who decide to come along last minute and if so we look forward to catching up in the sunshine of Italy
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Tony Freeman wrote:Hi Dingbat,

Regards vignette for Switzerland, you automatically have to stop at the border just get out and walk in and pay, very simple.

Hi Janz,

Yes I forgot you were only going for the weekend and the train only runs on Saturdays, the cost for us that are sharing the snoring cabin works out at £288 but we were only coming back on it, a meal in the dining was an optional extra.
You can also buy them before you go, for Switzerland and Italy from these people:-

http://www.tolltickets.com/default.aspx ... n-GB&mnu=c
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
Racing Green

Post by Racing Green »

We're heading to the IMM on tuesday. There will be a yellow schmitt on the event, not ours though, it's a French friend who's bringing it in. Ours will be on next years' IMM, I don't think many Schmitts found their way to the U.K.
The garage was too short for a full sized moke, so I just bought a Schmitt ;-)

http://www.minisaroundtheworld.be
http://www.mokesaroundtheworld.be
http://www.minipickup.org
Weske
MMC Member

Post by Weske »

ok, we are back Italy, a lot of rain with sometimes sun 8)
Not many Mokes like years of IMM Germany, England or other.
Of course the first question is always photos ...
Here they are http://bmot.jalbum.net/IMM%20Italy%202013/ :wink:

Regards
Wesley
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Hi, we had a great time at the IMM, plenty of Moke talk and a lot of interest in Moke 50, next year. As Wesley said, a lot of rain and some sun. but good company and enjoyable. I must also thank all those who helped to push our trailer tent out, you assistance was greatly appreciated.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate

Return to “IMM 2013 - May 16th-20th”