1966 Mini Moke Prisoner Project

YOUR own topic about YOUR own Moke.
Prisonerfan

1966 Mini Moke Prisoner Project

Post by Prisonerfan »

Hi everyone ,
Brand New to your forum , just learning how to blog across the planet . I live in Western Canada and I am a retired mechanic. Always interested in hearing from other moke enthusiasts everywhere on there cars and projects around the world . A little background on me , when I was a kid fell in love with the prisoner television show in the 60's especially the vehicles in the show .....when I got older searched high and low and finally found a 1966 mini moke in the united states on ebay as well as a super 7 I found in locally ....managed to convince the wife I had to have them !!!! , The Moke , pretty reasonable shape I thought for the year, typical rust and rot, battery side, floor, painted once, originally white, rare for 1966 mini moke ... 18000 miles but overall decent. 3 years of body off restoration... larger engine transplant, disc brake upgrade, and some body widening modifications for wheels and shes getting closer to completion , bit of a stall right at the moment, do to other responsibilities , but will get back on it soon.... needing to do seat upholstery and redoing suspension work to accommodate coils ......I have done absolutely everything on the car myself... body, driveline , canvas work. Over here in canada, any type of mokes are non existent... you never see them, so it was a challenge to work on it , finding parts and info ...being I had never worked on any british cars before .
I'm trying to figure how to put pictures of the moke.....but not really sure how to do ??? ....I kept a detailed picture log of the car threw its restoration so I could look back as the memory tends to fade.
Thanks again,
Brian

Some extra pics from different angles

Made an integral air box to allow webber 40 to clear firewall , just enough clearance to retain use of factory dash cluster
Replaced the aluminum rear drums ( 1 inch spacer built in) in this picture to a pair of original minifins( no spacer) for better wheel clearance in the further pic below
Fabricated this design for the moke from original rear hoop pivots for fine tuning the hood tightening , can be adjusted either side separately via adjustable threaded rod with lock nut ....making the hood tight as a drum ...hood can still be retracted and folded as original style
made the passenger seat narrower .... LHD.... and sub sectioned 2 inches of base of both seats so seats would go lower into hull and put them both on adjustable sliders .... ended up perfect for looking thru the windshield , as well as hood clearance....made both seats able to slide back so more comfortable for driving , so your knees aren't up at steering wheel like factory stationary seats

some stickers I fabbed up from scratch for the windshield
Last edited by Prisonerfan on Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:49, edited 29 times in total.
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re: 1966 Mini Moke Prisoner Project

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Welcome to the forum, do you need a battery box cover? I notice yours is missing in the pics
Come on summer
Prisonerfan

Post by Prisonerfan »

Help I'm trying to post pictures from the moke forum gallery which I put on as per instructions , in the gallery there normal size ...but when I copy and paste url to this blog there all really small ........help !!!!!
Brian
Prisonerfan

Post by Prisonerfan »

Nigel(no top)Sykes wrote:Welcome to the forum, do you need a battery box cover? I notice yours is missing in the pics
No problem Nigel ..... I have several battery box covers ,hadn't put it on ....I just had it out for a quick engine tune around the block and took some pics of it before I put it back in garage
thankyou though
Brian
Dean
MMC Member

Post by Dean »

Prisonerfan wrote:Help I'm trying to post pictures from the moke forum gallery which I put on as per instructions , in the gallery there normal size ...but when I copy and paste url to this blog there all really small ........help !!!!!
Brian
Hi Brian,
There are 2 images stored when you upload them, the full size image and a thumbnail. You need to copy the link of the full size image (copy that when viewing the larger image). The links you posted above are for the thumbnails.
Dean
Prisonerfan

Post by Prisonerfan »

Dean , I see posts with actual pictures on them , whereas others, like mine have links to the pictures ....how do you accomplish direct pictures
Brian
Dean
MMC Member

Post by Dean »

Prisonerfan wrote:Dean , I see posts with actual pictures on them , whereas others, like mine have links to the pictures ....how do you accomplish direct pictures
Brian
You copy the link from the gallery and paste it into the compose box. Then highlight the link and click the Img button at the top of the compose box.
Dean
Richard King
MMC Member

Post by Richard King »

Looks lovely
Very well done - I look forward to seeing more once completed
Richard
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi Brian,
You are doing a great job on your Moke!
Have you seen this post on the forum?
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4228
It mentions CFC916C!
Cheers
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi again,
You have probably already seen this but here goes if you haven't!
http://david-stimpson.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... vives.html
Cheers
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Prisonerfan

Post by Prisonerfan »

Thankyou chris ...no I hadn't seen that post ...very interesting reading .
Thankyou for the link as well
Brian

Heres what the moke started out looking like in the beginning. originally white color left hand drive U.S. version according to moke hertitage certificate ,delivered to new york ..... painted only once to red , had 18000 original miles ......was in a minor front end collision at one time to fender and grill...rotted battery side and compatments ....rust in the hull /floor triangle cavity both sides

Compared to most mokes out there...... for almost 50 years old this one was in excellant shape , really lucked out in getting such a clean moke !!
Brian

Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

This is an excellent thread. Great pictures.
Having a moking good time!
Weske
MMC Member

Post by Weske »

Beautiful Moke !! Wonderful topic !
Prisonerfan

Post by Prisonerfan »

further resto pics

The black compound spray in pic is is truck spray on epoxy bed liner....rock hard and weather tight scratch proof
The reason for all the clamps was I used professional body panel glue to afix outer cover to body to eliminate the need later for bodywork of plug -spot welding ....much cleaner and really strong
Prisonerfan

Post by Prisonerfan »

Here I'm repairing old previous front collision ...replacing both damaged grille wings as well at the same time widening the moke"s fenders by 1 3/4 inches each side and blending lower fenders back into pannier side boxes ....all this to to accommodate wider low profile 13 inch tires and rims and keep them tucked under body

[img]ttp://www.gallery.mokeclub.org/albums/userpic ... arge29.JPG[/img]
Last edited by Prisonerfan on Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:52, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Project "M"”