YOUR own topic about YOUR own Moke.
done a few miles

Post by done a few miles »

Hello

Having just purchased my first Moke and joining the club, I thought it was time to say hello.

My Moke is a rough one, having been used by a previous owner ( Frank Shardlow ) to cover great distance, including a trip to Singapore ! and many IMM events.

Reliability was more important than looks . Having covered six hundred miles or so, trouble free, it does need some renovation. In its past life, the 850 engine was swapped at a event I believe, if any members know of its where abouts It would be great to hear from you.
The body is fair condition, but will need work, both cosmetically and other in the near future. The Mokes seem to be very well catered for with spare parts, which is a surprise as so few were made. I know mechanically they are just a standard car.

Regards Paul
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re: Newbie

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Welcome to the forum, that Moke is as characterful as its former owner. But be careful with it if it's near an Alfa Romeo as it will probably bite it :lol:
Come on summer
4XMOKE

Post by 4XMOKE »

Hi Paul,
Welcome to the club, welcome to the forum.
So you've got "Fearless Frank's" old Moke.......
I can understand it needing some work, but don't make it too shiny, that Moke's got history and class !

Good luck wit it.

Roger G
My other car is a Moke......
My other Moke is an Ant....
spider
MMC Member

Post by spider »

Hey, welcome!!

I'm rather impressed by this Moke already, been to Singapore and back and seems other trips. These vehicles were made from travelling and this one it seems hasn't disappointed. I've been known to go on the odd drive now and again ;)

Any photos?
Old Mokers never die, they just smell that way.

Return to “Project "M"”