1986 AMC Cub Moke-a-like

YOUR own topic about YOUR own Moke.
Robin Jones

Re: 1986 AMC Cub Moke-a-like

Post by Robin Jones »

I'd prefer a new section, this 4 page thread is frustrating. Even after skipping ahead. Nice build and result by the way. (Sorry about making it 5 pages now.)
This is Matt Jones Son of Robin.
Drake
MMC Member

Re: 1986 AMC Cub Moke-a-like

Post by Drake »

HI All

Hope you are keeping well - given that we are in yet another lockdown I was going to update this thread. didn't realise all my images have gone which is a pain..Can I edit the original posts to update the links?

In other news the Cubs not been driven since August 2019. And its just sat in my garage on axle stands contemplating next steps. Prior to lay up I had all the engine and gearbox rebuilt at great expense - cross pin diff/new bearings basically a full rebuild. And it drives lovely now, it really is a sorted cub now.

Given we are in a new lockdown i'm thinking of tinkering again with it. My thoughts are aussie front panel and a proper bonnet (Do I need a later bonnet with an aussie front panel?) As Id prefer the flat bonnet.. Also what do I need to do for the bulkhead seal? is there a steel part welded on the genuine ones?

Ive picked up one wing section for the N/S and ill make the one for the O/S. Im also wanting to switch to steel wheels. Whats peoples thoughts? Im thinking 12" banded to same width as my alloys but with chrome caps...

Anyways keep safe everyone and ill try and spend some time updating this if I can.. (or if its even possible)

Ive also managed to source some original press info on the cub which was a great find. So lots of info sourced. Its a shame the Cub site has now gone.

Have some pictures to add some ideas of where we are at with it now..

Return to “Project "M"”