Lessons in "Barb"

YOUR own topic about YOUR own Moke.
Robin Jones

Lessons in "Barb"

Post by Robin Jones »

Well the first lesson went ok. One of our friends from the racing world agreed to help me learn. The problem is that I have not had much time with a manual transmission vehicle. I have however (rough estimates) driven 400,000 miles in various left hand automatics in almost 19 years. That works out to an average of about 21,000 miles/yr.
To dispense with the "Judges." This particular agreement was somewhat mutual about me not learning on "Barb." My record is not perfect as you can imagine, but as of late it is going pretty good.
Stalled a couple of times and had some noises. My problem is getting the sequence and not looking. "Barb" is not in intensive care nor does it need to be. As of right now we determined that it definitely needs a new non-binding choke cable and connection to the bracket on the carb. There is an electrical relay that is no longer attached to the car. (I think it is for the wipers.) Also the brakes need to be adjusted too.

That is the update I have for you. Hope all is well and thank you for the vote and vote of confidence as your North American Mini Moke Club Contact. I will never stop appreciating all of you for your support.
This is Matt Jones Son of Robin.
Wally2
MMC Member

Re: Lessons in "Barb"

Post by Wally2 »

Hi Matt,
That sounds great, keep up the good work! I'm sure Robin will be looking down ans smiling!
Keep us up to date with progress.
All the best
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Tim

Post by Tim »

Good on you Matt. It will be worth it!

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
Robin Jones

Post by Robin Jones »

The little guy showing me how it is done. Image
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Robin Jones wrote:The little guy showing me how it is done. Image
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
pbraun

Post by pbraun »

That's great, Matt! Hope your are in the swing pretty soon! Your Dad would be glad to know. I also hope my Moke will be up and running and the similar high quality as Barb.
peter
1965 Mini Moke, English built, on the road again!
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Hi Matt. look like you may lose Barb, when your little chap is a bit older!!!
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
Tim

Post by Tim »

My kids (8 & 5) love my Moke. If they see me put a jacket on to head outside, they run after me shouting "I want to come too".

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
Robin Jones

Post by Robin Jones »

That little guy will definitely be getting it to continue the legacy. He is a bit more rambunctious than I remember being but, my father didn't have a toy like this when I was his age. Thanks for helping out with the pic too.
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi Matt,
Makes me smile when I look back at a post your Dad did in reply to mine about my Moke being 48 years old 2 years ago.

''She's an old hag. :lol:
My Barb on the other hand, turned 46 years young October 18th.
In an odd coincidence, it just happened to be her 40th birthday when I took her to the spa. (media blaster)
Any time you strip a 40 year old girl naked, there's gonna be some things you just don't wanna see....''

Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi Matt,
How are things going driving Barb? Did you manage to get those little items fixed?
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Robin Jones

Post by Robin Jones »

Would love to report progress, but there has been a setback. "Barb" is still in perfect working order excluding the simple fixes that are still needed.

Return to “Project "M"”