WEE MOKE

YOUR own topic about YOUR own Moke.
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re: WEE MOKE

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

It looks as though the invisible man is holding that piece of brake pipe for you :lol:
Come on summer
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Almost there! just MOT and some tidying up to do, hopefully getting it back tomorrow. :D
Still not sure about those 'blue' hoses! At least they match the seats.
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
j Beeton

Post by j Beeton »

I know,!! having only recently filled up my cars master cylinders a few drips and instant paint removal!! by the way what exhaust pipes /manifolds are you using and what engine size do you have. Mine is still original 850cc engine with original standard exhaust pipe/manifold. I think this could be improved though but i don't want to buy the wrong or useless replacement bits...any thoughts......cheers James :D
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi James,
It's still an 850cc but they had to bore it out by 40thou and fit oversized higher compression pistons.
They replaced the original inlet and exhaust manifolds and fitted an 1.5" HIF SU carb.
The exhaust has a 3 branch maniflow manifold and a two box exhaust, they say I should get a little more power but I will see tomorrow (hopefully!).
I'm still not sure about all this as I did like the 'sewing machine' like sound it had before and it looks a bit odd with the new manifolds and different carb, but we'll see, it can always go back to how it was as I'm keeping all the old bits.
I'II get the Maniflow part numbers of the exhaust and let you know.
Cheers
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
pbraun

Post by pbraun »

Better "breathing " is always good, but save everything!
Even if you don't reuse it, it's good to have.
peter
1965 Mini Moke, English built, on the road again!
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

j Beeton wrote:I know,!! having only recently filled up my cars master cylinders a few drips and instant paint removal!! by the way what exhaust pipes /manifolds are you using and what engine size do you have. Mine is still original 850cc engine with original standard exhaust pipe/manifold. I think this could be improved though but i don't want to buy the wrong or useless replacement bits...any thoughts......cheers James :D
Hi James,
The manifold is a Maniflow LM001 and the 2 box system is Maniflow RC40, they seem to be cheaper from A-Series Spares where I'm having the engine work done, they do sell on the internet at
http://shop.aseriesspares.co.uk/
or you can call Rob on 01159 305 198, tell him you want what they fitted to my Moke.
Hopefully getting the Moke back tomorrow but have been up to see it today and heard the engine running - sounds sweet!
Cheers
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re the brake fluid....why not try the silicone stuff? No paint nastiness and it does look cool in purple :D
Come on summer
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re the brake fluid....why not try the silicone stuff? No paint nastiness and it does look cool in purple :D
Come on summer
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi Nigel,
Did think of that, but there is varying advice, some say that you would need to replace all the other cylinder rubbers and seals before changing the fluid from Dot 4 to 5 (silicone), others seem to say that so long as you drain all the Dot 4 out the seals should be ok. It's that word 'should' that bothers me when life and limb are at stake, especially when it's my life and limb. The advice from those doing the work was to leave it as it is, they have painted the bulkhead and then coated it with a lacquer that is resistant to the Dot 4, hopefully!
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

WEE MOKE is back! and going great, the difference in performance is astounding! It did go in for lots of work one item was a slight oil leak from the timing chain cover, it's now got a bigger leak from the same place! If it continues they are going to have it in and replace the seal again.
Got to get a few miles on now before the oil is changed and before the National which is looming up pretty fast now!
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Looking good now! :D :D :D
They even changed the HT leads to match the hoses, just need a blue coil now!
Mind you I've now lost my little English sewing machine and have got a Saturn 5!
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi all,
After the refurb on the engine, I now have a dynamo going spare.
It is a Lucas B90 which was itself fully refurbished a couple of years ago. It is similar to the normal C40 but is a little longer but does fit on the standard brackets, just on the other side of the rear bracket.
If anyone is in need of it and are going to the National next week, I can bring it with me, so just let me know.
Cheers
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

WEE MOKE has been back to the garage and had a set of new forged rockers fitted, a new fan and further investigation into the oil leak. It seems that it is not from the timing cover seal but seems to be coming from the gearbox to block joint. This means engine out again but not until after the Welsh Weekend and Sywell Pistons and Props. The new fan (mine was somewhat chewed up) has certainly improved the engine cooling and the new rockers have quitened the engine down. So apart from the oil leak, she is going a treat!
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Drake
MMC Member

Post by Drake »

Looking good, great what a few mods can do. Seriously surprised how quick mine was. I note you've plumbed the inlet manifold into the system.
Mine has a similar manifold but I was advised not to use it as they said it causes issues when cold and hot.
I assume yours is ok...
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi Drake,
I read somehere that its best not to cnnnect it up, but it seemed to work fine on the 1000 miles to the National in Cornwal and to Wales this weekend.
Will we 'be seeing you' here in Wales this weekend?
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D

Return to “Project "M"”