New Member - New Moke Owner

YOUR own topic about YOUR own Moke.
dogedoc

New Member - New Moke Owner

Post by dogedoc »

I just purchased a 1966 (or 67?) Moke (Coventry) with 1600 original miles from a 91-year-old friend for an INCREDIBLY reasonable price. The Moke is in wonderful shape so much so it seems as though it was placed in a time capsule. Even the seats and top are original and they are in excellent condition (no rot whatsoever). As well no rust anywhere as it has been stored in the garage for the last 20 years. My engineer is starting a loving repair (also a Moke owner) just to make it drivable and safe. I will be replacing tires. I was considering the Weathermaster Dunlops. Is this a good choice (driving on the street as well as in the paddock at Lime Rock Park etc)?
I will have pics to follow but there is a very strange, yellow emblem on the side. I will be interested if anyone recognizes this emblem.

FYI, the VIN reads A-AB1L - 823358
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dogedoc

Re: New Member - New Moke Owner

Post by dogedoc »

More Pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Welcome on board.....looks like you've got a good one there. Whereabouts are you, and as for the tyres......weathermasters always seem massively expensive to me (especially when you're buying 5 of 'em). :o
Come on summer
dogedoc

Post by dogedoc »

I am in northern New Jersey. The Moke was sold to a farm in Pennsylvania and then purchased 22 years ago by my friend. Since then, it was used sparingly as a paddock vehicle.
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Looking at the steering wheel in your pictures I'd guessed your in one of the colonies :lol: All I can say is.......

https://youtu.be/aXcsDMwiEtA
Come on summer

Return to “Project "M"”