1966 moke build

YOUR own topic about YOUR own Moke.
Willie_B

Re: 1966 moke build

Post by Willie_B »

The painted shell is back home. Now to put the puzzle back together. At least all the gits are nice and clean.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Live Laugh Moke
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Sorry but I don’t believe that picture........there’s sunshine :lol:
Come on summer
pbraun

Post by pbraun »

I like the "warp drive" switch!!!!!!!!!!!
peter
1965 Mini Moke, English built, on the road again!
pbraun

Post by pbraun »

Willie_B wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:27 Another moke in the states made this bonnet prop rod that I like so I will be doing the same.

I am so glad you like that and happy to see it being copied!!!!
Not stock, but it works well and saves a lot of fiddling around!

Best regards - hope to meet up sometime!
peter
1965 Mini Moke, English built, on the road again!
Willie_B

Post by Willie_B »

On the road. Now I can drive it to see what leaks, loosens or falls off. Still need to fit the top. Also want to make brackets so I can move the drivers seat back a couple of inches or so.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Live Laugh Moke
Tim

Post by Tim »

Looks great, I'm glad its not green.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
Willie_B

Post by Willie_B »

Tim wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 23:46 Looks great, I'm glad its not green.

Tim
Me too. There are plenty of them out there. It's only paint so any future owner can change it.
Live Laugh Moke
Willie_B

Post by Willie_B »

A couple of engine pics. I have the stock HS2 carb that I will be putting back on. The engine is 998ish so I will hotrod the carb using the Vizard book to help it flow a bit better (I hope). It was sold new in California so it has the required FVP valve on it.
Live Laugh Moke
Tim

Post by Tim »

I'd leave it with that carb, is it an HIF38? The HIFs are much better carbs than the HSs. Like the paint, a future owner can always change it.

A true Moke Californian, it looks weird to my eyes with the master cylinders way over there.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
Willie_B

Post by Willie_B »

Bummer. While driving today I keep hearing a rattle sound from the front left wheel well area. Thought I had kicked something up into the that area and it was just hitting the bottom of the fender. NOPE. The rubber seal from the body to the radiator had broken. When it let go it got into the blades of the plastic fan and took all of them off. That was the rattle noise, all the blades flying everywhere. Do not see any leaks but lots of bent fins. Now to see how much fun it's going to be trying to change the fan with no room to move the radiator. Glad I have a tow dolly to get it home from several miles away rather than overheat in traffic.
Live Laugh Moke

Return to “Project "M"”