1966 moke build

YOUR own topic about YOUR own Moke.
Willie_B

Re: 1966 moke build

Post by Willie_B »

I also have a mini. I bought a set of wheels off ebay for it or the moke. They had old tires on them that I did not want. So while the seller was waiting for the tires to be removed he doodled on the shipping boxes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Live Laugh Moke
Willie_B

Post by Willie_B »

Another moke in the states made this bonnet prop rod that I like so I will be doing the same.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Live Laugh Moke
Willie_B

Post by Willie_B »

Figuring out how to do the grommets for the Dzus fasteners. Found this way on the internet.
Live Laugh Moke
Willie_B

Post by Willie_B »

When going to multi day outings I like to flat tow my mini, will probably do the same with the moke. I use my camper so I don't have to pay for a room, that's what I got it for. I put the banner on the mini. It's all about having fun right.

In my state we do not have a front license plate so I had one made because nobody over here will know what it is. We can also run a rear plate that was made the same year as the vehicle as long as it registered to the vehicle when applying for the new plate.
Live Laugh Moke
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

LOL :lol:
Having a moking good time!
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

I like the idea of the bonnet stay :D but I’ve got to be honest, whenever I’m in the engine I just take the bonnet off
Come on summer
Willie_B

Post by Willie_B »

I am not going back completely stock on the build, I am going with an alternator. I do like the stock look though so I painted it black. Then I made a bracket to mount the coil on top like it would have been with an alt. Aluminum c channel carved out to match the round profile. Tack weld the bolts to washer that stop it from turning(glad no one will see my sketchy welds). Large clamp drilled and bent to fit. Helps hide the fact that an alt is down there.
Live Laugh Moke
Willie_B

Post by Willie_B »

one more.
Live Laugh Moke
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Weren’t they painted green though? :wink:
Come on summer
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

P.S. where did you get, and what size etc, the dais fasteners? I’m going to need some pretty soon.
Come on summer
Willie_B

Post by Willie_B »

All the generators I have seen are black with bare metal color on the end by the pulley.

The big clamps came off ebay. Even stainless steel.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HPS-Stainless- ... SwFN9eUplg

Or do you mean Dzus? They actually came from an aircraft supple store.

Got the Dzus(pronounced Zeus) fasteners and gromments from here.

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/ ... ey=2171799
Live Laugh Moke
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Yeah, I did mean dzus...but it was late and spellcheck sneaked in when I wasn’t looking :lol:
Come on summer
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Here’s the thing, I’ve been looking and there’s so many different sizes that I gave up :o Any chance you can give me the code number of the ones you ordered and save me having to do all the hard work :wink:
Come on summer
Willie_B

Post by Willie_B »

This is for the dzus fasteners, snap ring to hold them in and the metal grommet for the cover is if you need that.
Live Laugh Moke
Willie_B

Post by Willie_B »

Order sheet.
DZUS order.pdf
Live Laugh Moke

Return to “Project "M"”