LVMS Country Show - 4th - 6th May 2013

janz
MMC Member

Re: LVMS Country Show - 4th - 6th May 2013

Post by janz »

For those camping on Friday evening, The Fox and Hounds can do take away Fish, scampi or Sausage and chips... or we could go down there and eat it. Take away will be £6.50, £6.50 and £4.00 respectively. Once there.... well, you'll be paying a bit for service as well 8)

Please let me know by tomorrow eve if you would like this organised.
Get a life, Get a Moke...
JanZ
teardrop
MMC Member

Post by teardrop »

All packed ready to roll in the mourning, Jan do you want me to bring event shelter for the show.Oh wife not coming wimped out on weather.
loose wheels dont roll forever
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Weather looks to be OK on Sunday so we should be alright without it. There isn't really any space to put up a shelter at the show. I will have the big gazebo up tomorrow at the campsite - same as last year.

What time will you be arriving? Don't forget your mourning suit :D
JanZ
teardrop
MMC Member

Post by teardrop »

About midday mate just packing the last things now
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Hi Jan, huge thanks to you and Rose-marie for a brilliant weekend. The lambourn show was excellent. A typically English event. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. See you all soon.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
Weske
MMC Member

Post by Weske »

A typically English event ... ok what is that
Who has take the photos ?
chris naish

Post by chris naish »

Yup, a truly BRILLIANT event!! My thanks to PJ and the Bowring's for being Taxi's for the chairman and 'Other Half' on Saturday.....and to Jan and Rose Marie for finding such a brilliant event to attend!! We certainly made our mark as a club!!
Chris Naish.
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Ooooerrrr, with all this praise... you maka me blushhhh :lol: Yes indeed, it was a great event, especially on the show (Sun)day due to the great support from all that came and the super turnout of Mokes (10) and the great weather, even though the start of the day was a bit grey. The show was quintescentially 'English' :D

There were some exiting mishaps as the weather at the start of the event (Friday) was hurricane like and our treasured gazebo of 1 event bit the dust spectacularly despite Paul H's desparate attempts to rescue it :cry: Quick action saw Rose-Marie sprint to Go outdoors in Oxford to collect the last remaining Coleman Event Shelter and sides. Paul H has trailed one of these for a while and his recommendation is hereby firmly seconded.

Saturday saw us (well, me) put all faith in my new Garmin to help ensure the super complex route around the Cotswolds was followed to the dot. Well... the route greated by gpx file was clearly in there - did the blasted thing actually follow it?!!! NO!!!!!! :evil: Thanks to Judith who helped with map and instruction reading to ensure it ended up being a super drive... if a bit long :wink:

We won't talk about the meal on Saturday except that it will be the White Horse next year. I must say though that I was most amused by the bemused looks from all when Rose-Marie was preparing the 'Beer Can Chicken' - oooh! Suits you! Did anyone take a picture? Chickens looked happy anyway :lol:

Event Photos in the gallery. Please feel free to add in the LVMS 2013 folder in 2013. You will note 3 Mokes not in the main line-up. Shame that at least 2 of those who could have been in the know didn't let me know beforehand. They would have been most welcome to join us for all or part of the rest of the event. Let's hope for next year.

Thanks to all who participated and for the great support from all - especially keeping me in breakfast, coffee and other fine supplies - Best wishes to Paul H who took the full force of a bungee strap between the eyes - luckily wearing glasses or it could have been ugly. I think a separate post on the dangers might be useful.
JanZ
LAWSONSMOKE

Post by LAWSONSMOKE »

A last minute decision for us but so pleased we came as we had a great time and it was nice to catch up with everyone and the show was very good. Although Mokeless we had the pleasure of being driven by Jan and Paul H which was very kind of them both. Beercan chicken was excellent, thanks to Jan and Rose Marie for their hospitality. Tony & Eddie x
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Thanks Tony and Eddie for your kind comments - it was great to see you there and the support was very much appreciated - as were bacon butties :D forgot to mention - thanks to Tony for driving me and my Moke back from the pub.... allowing me an extra pint 8) ... 4- up in the 850.... we were close to needing 1st gear on the uphill stretch - no synchro :o
JanZ
teardrop
MMC Member

Post by teardrop »

I am sat at home now nursing a very sore spot between the eyes as Jan said could have been worse all for the lack of concentration. I do wish i had taken a photo of the chickens in the BBQ as they looked like they were dancing, i also think the strange looks i got at throwing smoked spam on a BBQ ,those who laughed were soon supprised at the delicacy and have asked for orders. My thanks to every one who helped me on the bungee strap incident , i must take some fish for the seal next time, a good event and many thanks for those who turned up and a big thanks to Jan for making it happen.

Return to “Lambourn Vintage Machinery Society Country Show - May 4th-6th”