LVMS Country Show - 4th - 6th May 2013

janz
MMC Member

LVMS Country Show - 4th - 6th May 2013

Post by janz »

This is a really great country show, 5 minutes off M4 J14.

In 2011 I attended it after one of the LMVS members saw me driving Moke around the village and asked me exhibit the car. There are many displays of military, vintage commercial, farming vehicles and classic cars as well as static engines and the usual stuff that you would find at a rural vintage machinery show including farm animals, rides, food, drink and stalls.
Last year we were in a crowd of some 140 classic cars ranging from series 1 Landrovers to MG ZBs, Austin Healey 3000s to E-types, Volvo P1800s to Triumph Herald convertibles, Austin 1300Gts to Bond Equipes and not to forget.... our MGB Roadster (now sold) to our sole Moke. All exhibitors get a commemorative LMVS horse brass.

Last year, unfortunately the event was rained off due to waterlogged fields. Nevertheless, the hardy among us still persevered and we had a great weekend camping at the foot of White Horse Hill, driving around the Vale and doing some good pubbing. Pictures in the Gallery

Anyway, would be great to have a few more Mokes there this year. I have been assured that this year the event will be in a different field, not prone to waterlogging. Entrance is free, but registration is required and forms need to be in a couple of weeks before the event

Let me know if you want to attend and I'll organise registration forms. They can be e-mailed as well.

Event website (nothing to write home about) http://lvms.org.uk/

Camping (hook-ups available) is at Britchcombe Farm in Uffington. They don't have their own website, but as you know - there are many camping websites you can review this site on. It's a great site - with the added mysteries of the White Horse, St George's hill and the Druid's camp / yurt site up the road thrown in (leaping over cauldrons not recommended) :lol: . The site sells bags of wood so you can make campfires as well.

Once we get a feel for the numbers, I can contact them to ensure we get the best and flattest field, closest to the loos and showers etc. and make provisional bookings. Final bookings and deposits can be made directly with the farm.

Britchcombe Farm
Uffington
Faringdon
Oxfordshire
SN7 7QJ
Get a life, Get a Moke...
JanZ
grantourer
MMC Member

Re: LVMS Country Show - 4th - 6th May 2013

Post by grantourer »

Hi Jan, book Judith & Graham in, please. We would like a hook up as well, if possible.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

OK Elder Graham, 1st Moke added to the list.

I'll get the field reserved at the campsite over the next couple of days. Just to let you know - Hook up pitches are in the field by the farm house and shower blocks. The main field is just accross the road (50yds) from there.
JanZ
teardrop
MMC Member

Post by teardrop »

count me in janz :D
loose wheels dont roll forever
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

OK Paul, you're on da list :D
JanZ
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Apparently the entry forms for the event are being distributed. I will get some this week, scan and prepare for electronic sending. If you could PM me e-mail addresses, I will get them to you.

Cheers,

Jan
JanZ
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Hi Jan. You should have my email address. OK for us to go in the field without hook up.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Hi Graham, I'll send a form to your e-mail address. I received them this evening. Now just scan... and hey presto time.

Cheers,

Jan
JanZ
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Forms have been sent out to the hardy few :D I'm sure there are more of you out there that would like to come to this great event..... OK, OK... so it was rained off last year but we still had a great time driving around the Vale of White Horse and the Cotswolds... with all the fun, banter and high jinx that accompany such events :lol:

Anyway, being a real country show, the web and internet is a bit of an add-on for the LVMS. This year there is a website for the show with a picture... from 2004 :wink:

http://lvms.org.uk/show.html anyway... believe me, it's great fun!
Last edited by janz on Wed Mar 06, 2013 0:10, edited 1 time in total.
JanZ
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Hi Jan. Got the form, filled in and in the post. See you soon
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Hi All. My ticket and wrist bands turned up, today, Thusrday 28/3
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

I'm going to visit the campsite this weekend..... let's hope for solid ground :wink:
JanZ
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Ground is solid :D Weather is here... wish you were nice :? n all that Jazz!

Mrs Seymour is still not that well I believe, but the nice assistant lady (still don't know her name) has confirmed all's OK. I have 6 pitches booked in the family field - arrival Friday 3rd, depart Monday 6th (flexible of course). I will take care of deposits (£10 a pitch) and pay by the end of the week. If you cannot make the event, please let me know before I pay on your behalf.
Finally, please confirm if you have registered your Moke for the LVMS Show.
BTW, the druids are booked back in again as well 8) suggest we bring some suitable attire :D
JanZ
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Hi Jan. Judith and Graham are definite, will confirm arrival day later.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Hi Graham, Does that mean you'll confirm when you're arriving in a day, or you're actually arriving a day later i.e. Saturday?

Just to clarify... and apologies for not being clearer - assuming everyone remembers last year's programme... even those who will be here for the first time :oops:

- Arrive Friday late PM / eve if you can. I should be there from about 15:00 onwards - Big gazebo with sides in tow
- Saturday - rest arrive.
- Saturday - 11:30 or earlier if people want..... drive through the Vale, obligatory drive round White Horse Hill, then the Cotswolds including light lunch snack at super location. Break for a cuppa and back to base
- Saturday eve - dinner at the Fox and Hounds - a tradition for Karen H's Birthday
- Sunday - depart for Lambourn Show by 09:45. All exhibits must be there by 10:30 (well, there abouts - it is meant to be fun). Show ends 17:00. We are expected to be there until then... unless it tips it down of course.
- Sunday eve - BBQ / Fish n chips / Chinese... tba and weather dependant
- Monday - Break camp and for those that fancy it, another wee drive around the country side

For those not wanting to camp on Sunday night, remember - you'll need to be packed and off by 09:45 :(
JanZ

Return to “Lambourn Vintage Machinery Society Country Show - May 4th-6th”