Lambourn LVMS Country Show: 2nd-5th May

janz
MMC Member

Lambourn LVMS Country Show: 2nd-5th May

Post by janz »

This is a really great country show, 5 minutes off M4 J14.

In 2011 we had 5 Mokes - the event was rained off, but we still had a great time, driving around the Vale of White Horse and the Cotswolds, Camping at White Horse Hill and lots of merryment by the campfire....
In 2012, a total of 10 Mokes attended the show, and 7 of those participated in the whole weekend - even though the SC gazebo bit the dust - see the pics in the gallery. We had a great time. drive a little too long on the Saturday courtesy of my new SatNav (yes I know how it works now :roll: ) - Super quintescentially English show on the Sunday.... BTW no chance of being rained off as the club have secured a well drained site since the 2011 fiasco>

Anyway, let's see if we can get some more Mokes this year :D Remember, all participants get a commemorative 'brass' to bolt onto the car... somehow - ooooh ahhhhhh

Typical event details - Arrive Friday PM or Eve to set up. Will organise food for those who don't want to cook (better than last year's food :roll:
Saturday will be a scenic drive with some carefully chosen stops - possibly visit the filming location for Father Brown series. We will go for a meal at the White Horse pub in Woolstone this year (in favour of the Fox and Hounds which wasn't up to scratch last year) http://www.whitehorsewoolstone.co.uk/ the food and atmosphere is superb!
Sunday - LVMS Country Show followed by Jan's now world famous 'Beer Can Chicken' :lol: or other fodder if people prefer - yes, multiple BBQs!

There is a registration procedure and I will be getting forms soon.

Let me know if you want to attend and I'll organise registration forms. They can be e-mailed as well.

Event website (nothing to write home about) http://lvms.org.uk/

Camping (hook-ups available) is at Britchcombe Farm in Uffington. They finally have their own website http://www.britchcombefarm.co.uk/ and there are many camping websites you can review this site on. It's a great site - with the added mysteries of the White Horse, St George's hill and the Druid's camp / yurt site up the road thrown in (leaping over cauldrons not recommended) :lol: . The site sells bags of wood so you can make campfires as well.

Once we get a feel for the numbers, I can contact them to ensure we get the best and flattest field, closest to the loos and showers etc. and make provisional bookings. Final bookings and deposits can be made directly with the farm.

Britchcombe Farm
Uffington
Faringdon
Oxfordshire
SN7 7QJ
Get a life, Get a Moke...
JanZ
janz
MMC Member

Re: Lambourn LVMS Country Show: 2nd-5th May

Post by janz »

Revision to the above:

Due to previous commitments i.e. I forgot I already had non cancellable plans on the Friday and Sunday eves, the format of this event may have to be altered - unless everyone is happy to look after their own food on those 2 evenings......

We will still do the drive on Saturday plus meal at the Whit Horse. We will also do the show on Sunday and can do a short drive on Monday.

Cheers, Jan
JanZ
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Hi all,

It's good to see so much response.... I know, sarcasm doesn't become me and who am I to question anyone :lol:

I now have the entry forms for LVMS. They need to be in by April 18th. I will scan the document - different format to last year - and send to you individually if you PM your email addresses (if I haven't got it already).

I aim to be on site at the campsite on Friday afternoon. I'll be off early evening and return in time for a night cap. Then we'll do our drive on Saturday. It would be helpful to know numbers for the evening meal at the White Horse in Woolstone. On Sunday we have the show and again, I'll be slinking off early evening, to return for bedtime cocoa later.

Cheers... Jan
JanZ
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

:? Slinking :?
Come on summer
flyboy

Post by flyboy »

Hi Jan

Stephen and I will be there (you have our e mail address !!)
Will book the camp site in the morning so we can secure a good spot and will be arriving Friday and departing Monday
We are looking forward to seeing and eating the beer can chicken but we are sure we will have had a catch up before then.
Cheers, Kate
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Best I alert the campsite then. Just tell them you're from the Mini Moke Club. They'll know.
JanZ
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

If you intend coming, you can send me your car details by e-mail or PM. All I need is details of:

1. Make and model of car - that's easy... I guess I can answer that myself
2. Age and specifics of car - i.e. English 1964, or Australian, 1974 or Portuguese, 1984 or Cagiva, 1994 (ok 1993 then) - shame there wasn't a derivative in 2004.... :roll:
3. Insurance policy number and provider

Cheers,

Jan
JanZ
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Hi Jan. can you add Judith and Graham to the list, please. You should have our email address. I will send insurance over the weekend.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
LAWSONSMOKE

Post by LAWSONSMOKE »

Hi Jan

Tony and I are looking forward to this event again and this year will have the moke with us so can you please e-mail us the relevant forms for registration. Do we book campsite direct or through you?

Thanks

Eddie
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Hi Grantourer and Lawsonsmoke folk.... :D Thanks for your continued support.

I am happy to organise the booking of the camp site. I will send details by e-mail of where to send the deposit. That way, we can be sure to get the right field again.
JanZ
LAWSONSMOKE

Post by LAWSONSMOKE »

Looking forward to Lambourn and seeing a few Mokes out for the weekend. See you Friday. Tony & Eddie
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Another great show at Lambourn!

Thanks to the Brady Bunch, Lawsons Mokers, Flyboy (and Girl) and Richard 'The Crowe' for support, Coleman Event Shelter for not colapsing, The White Horse (hill and Pub) and Britchcombe Farm for atmosphere, Cotswold Motor Museum, Bourton o/t Water for parking and display, The Bull in Burford for male respite from female retail therapy, Lambourn Vintage Machinery Society for the Country Fair, 7 seas of MUD and STRAW, and many totally useful car boot purchases (in my case a near mint Corgi Wickerworks Mini Cooper for £2.50!) and Mr Ian Anderson for making Flyboy and me feel like we were 'Living in the Past'!

Photos in the gallery (sorry, no pics of Ian Anderson or Jethro Tull.... every attempt was quashed with threats of expulsion from the New Theatre - Oxford! - but safe to say, it was great! 2nd row in the middle :D

JanZ
flyboy

Post by flyboy »

Thank you Jan (and Rose-Marie) for organising such an excellent weekend.
It was great to go to the Motor Museum and be the Centre of attention even though the Aston Martin Club had just left.
Looking forward to more of the same next year
Stephen & Kate

Return to “Other Events 2014”