Edenbridge & Oxted Show, Lingfield, Surrey.

Lindandy

Edenbridge & Oxted Show, Lingfield, Surrey.

Post by Lindandy »

The "E & O show" is one of the social events of the summer calendar and as a distinguished Entrant into the "Historic Motor Car Section"....you will be entitled to free entry to the event....instead of paying £20 per head!....Also.....you are invited to a free lunchtime "Social" get together with drinks & nibbles. At the end of the day, there will be, awaiing you, a rather smart commerative brass plaque to record your attendance.

This event takes place over the August Bank Holiday, it starts on Sunday 24th and finishes on Monday 25th August.

Linda & I attended it last year.....it really is a "Fantastic" event.....you can purchase anything from a dish cloth to a horse and anything inbetween!!!! The entertainments on offer are too numerous to list...."Live" sheepshearing! ..."Punch & Judy"......"Dressage"...."Birds of Prey"....."LLamas"..."Wild West & Victorian horse & carriages" & much, much more....& all you have to do...is to get in touh with Michael Hennessey...& it's all free!!!

If you would like to take part..then please call the Section Steward : Michael Hennessey, Tel: 01580 881826....or e/mail him at....m.hennessey369@btinternet.com . You "MUST" book with him to get in!

It has everything for the family, so children are not only welcome.... but encouraged!!!

I have booked in for Monday 25th...so it would be great if we could show a united "Moke Flag" for this most pretigious event!

All the very best & look forward to hearing from you & celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the "Mini Moke"

Kind regards......................................Andy.
Obsidian

Re: Edenbridge & Oxted Show, Lingfield, Surrey.

Post by Obsidian »

We have visited this show every year for ever! This will be our first with the Moke and I have just got my Monday ticket from Michael Hennessey. See you there or do you have other arrival plans? It's a bit early in the day to be organised! Sean.
Lindandy

Post by Lindandy »

Hi Sean, see you there! Andy.
Lindandy

Post by Lindandy »

Disaster!!!!! Took the Moke out for a spin pre Edenbridge....and it broke down again....so will not be able to make it as my mechanic is away for the weekend. So sorry to miss this show and meeting a couple of new faces that I know will be attending. Andy.
Obsidian

Post by Obsidian »

Good day to have a breakdwn. It was WET! Turnout not complete but surprisingly good considering. No other Mokes but one Mini Clubman.
Rain induced mis-fire fixed itself from time to time. Wiper, just the one, decided to start working on the way home but re-defined intermittent and need imminent replacement. I'd forgotten how intimidating four inches of water on the road can be on little wheels. Roll on Goodwood Revival, forward parking. (VOSA, its that wiper, permitting).
Lindandy

Post by Lindandy »

So sorry to have missed this fantastic event....As I said, I took the Moke out the day before......and it "Broke"...towed it home...had to get it into our garage...up a 1 in 5... 15 yard driveway.....no neighbours to help...what do I do?.....roll up a couple of dust sheets between the Moke & my van to make a cushion....and push it up with the van!!! We will meet sometime Sean....until then...all the best.. Andy.

Return to “Other Events 2014”