Capel Classic Car & Bike Show

Lindandy

Capel Classic Car & Bike Show

Post by Lindandy »

This is the 16th Capel Classic Car Show on Saturday 16th August, from 12pm to 5pm. You can turn up on the day or pre register on www.capelcarshow.com .This is a huge event with hundreds of classic/vintage cars, bikes & lorries and military vehicles. There's also loads to do, with entertainment, a car boot sale, spares stands & much, much more. Last year was the 1st time the Moke Club attended and we had a respectible 7 Mokes turn up, despite the weather not being so great! If anyone is interested then let me know and I'll arrange a meeting time & place so we can go in "Moke Handed!". Andy.
Lindandy

Re: Capel Classic Car & Bike Show

Post by Lindandy »

PS. the address is.....Capel, near Dorking, Surrey,RH5 5LB
David Biss

Post by David Biss »

Hi Andy,
Count Tina And I in as per last year.
Dave & Tina Biss (3.45 English Mokes)
Lindandy

Post by Lindandy »

Great stuff Dave, I'll be in touch soon regarding Shoreham on the 8th June. Andy.
Obsidian

Post by Obsidian »

Andy, I think I can now do this. Should I book in advance or donate on the gate? Moke handed sounds good, let me know if there's space in your party please. I'll be approaching from a south-easterly direction. Sean.
Lindandy

Post by Lindandy »

Hi Sean, sorry for the delay in replying but when I tried to reply I found that I had been De-registered!! Anyway, I'm now back on line. Yes, there is plenty of room for you & your Moke. We plan to meet up outside the venue, [details on forum] at about 10.30. You can make your donation on the day. Look forward to seeing you there. Andy.
Lindandy

Post by Lindandy »

Well...what can I say.....about 2 miles from Capel.....the Moke Broke!!!! called out the RAC.....but despite his valliant attempts....it was a "No Go" after 2 hours of trying!!! I eventually arrived home at about 5.30 pm on the back of a pick-up truck! So sorry to any other Mokers out ther who made it. Kind regards, Andy.
Obsidian

Post by Obsidian »

Andy

Sad to hear, I thought your invisibility was down to my poor search skills! I met one other late registering Moker and heard of another Moke with the Box Hill Mini Club though I didn't see it myself. Good event overall, the weather held and it was busy without being over-crowded. Wide variety of vehicles with many predictable and as many not; Suzuki Cappuccino to Stalwart [sorry I said Saladin first] in 50 metres. There was even a coffee van that served good coffee, is that unique?

Hope you'll be fixed for Edenbridge next Monday.
Lindandy

Post by Lindandy »

Hi Sean, I've had Malcolm Anderson around for the last 2 nights trying to sort things out. He's replaced all the fuel pipes, cleaned out the carb, fuel pump & float chamber....but now it appears that the condenser is kaput! Not much left to replace!! Should be at the Edenbridge Show....Fingers crossed....See you there... Andy.
Lindandy

Post by Lindandy »

"It Lives!!!" The Moke is now up & running! See you at the E & O Show.....Andy.

Return to “Other Events 2014”