LETS GO FLY A KITE 8th June 2014

4mokes

LETS GO FLY A KITE 8th June 2014

Post by 4mokes »

I am planning an event on sunday june 8th .We will meet at the BLUE LIAS (.com) public house Stockton rd Stockton Southam CV47 8LD at 12o'clock for a lemonade or two.Those that wish can have lunch.We will then leave apx 1-1.30 and head the long way round to Burton Dassett Hills Country Park(countryparks.warwickshire.gov.uk/country-parks) Southam Warwickshire CV47 2AB on arrival those that wish can have a PICNIC and of course FLY A KITE or just wonder and enjoy the surroundings.I hope you will join us for this relaxing inexpensive family day out.If you wish to contact me my details are in the front of Mokin paul upton (Heart of England)
Wally2
MMC Member

Re: LETS GO FLY A KITE 8th June 2014

Post by Wally2 »

Hi Paul,
Hope to join you for some leomonade!
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
4mokes

Post by 4mokes »

Great ,looking forward to it .kites ,picnics and family
4XMOKE

Post by 4XMOKE »

Paul, I'd love to come and support your event (local and a good giggle!) but unfortunately I shall be at Beaulieu.
Good luck, hope you're well attended.

Cheers
Roger
My other car is a Moke......
My other Moke is an Ant....
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi Paul,
Great day out, really enjoyed it!
Weather was very kind to us, that is until I got about half way home where it went very black and VERY wet, will be drying the Moke out again tomorrow!
Thanks again
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
PJ

Post by PJ »

Last edited by PJ on Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:09, edited 1 time in total.
You don't give up Moking when you get old ...... you get old when you give up Moking!
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi PJ,
I'd just stopped and put the top up before it started. I'd gone about 40 odd miles with this very black cloud to my left keeping pace with me, then I turned onto the A5 and went directly into it!
The hood did keep most of the rain off but it did end up coming in between the top of the screen and the hood (and the open sides of course!), luckily the sat nav appears to be waterproof!
Parts of the A5 seemed to be under a few inches of water as it was coming down so fast, I was pleasntly surprised that the faithful 'A' series kept on beating strongly in all the deluge.
I've spent this afternoon in the sunshine drying WEE MOKE out - again!
Never mind, as you say it brightened up for the last 15 miles or so and it was pretrty warm and drying!
A great day out nevertheless.
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D

Return to “Other Events 2014”