MiniWorld Action Day - Castle Combe Circuit 28th September

Castle Combe, Chippenham, Wiltshire.
janz
MMC Member

Re: MiniWorld Action Day - Castle Combe Circuit 28th Septemb

Post by janz »

That's a bit sexist isn't it?... What about women.... don't they qualify too :lol: Ooooopsssss I can see a frying pan making its way towards me :shock:
Get a life, Get a Moke...
JanZ
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Jan, we will not be able to leave much before 6pm due to work, so may not be there until 8pm, what time is Friday food? Also are you taking a gazebo on Saturday?
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
Weske
MMC Member

Post by Weske »

Ok, just booked the boat.
We are at 20u35 in Dover, then we must drive 3u30 to the campsite so we hope we are there at 24u00.
Then we must put our tent.
On what time we leave on saturday the campsite ?

Keep place for us 8)
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

grantourer wrote:Jan, we will not be able to leave much before 6pm due to work, so may not be there until 8pm, what time is Friday food? Also are you taking a gazebo on Saturday?
Still waiting to hear back from the George with a menu. I'll call them in the AM. Plan was 20:00 for 20:30... could be a little later if required.

Alternative thinking is....... meal after Castle Combe event on Saturday instead....... as everybody will already be there and can join in. Then, on Friday - those that want to can go to the pub... or cook in their tent etc.

Could I have everyone's thoughts on that one please? I will check if it will be possible - seems like a more sensible idea personally.

I can bring the event shelter for the site, Paul H may bring his for the CC day... Paul?????
JanZ
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Weske wrote:Ok, just booked the boat.
We are at 20u35 in Dover, then we must drive 3u30 to the campsite so we hope we are there at 24u00.

Keep place for us 8)
Wesley, I will confirm with the camp site again that you will arrive late and we will pay ahead for your pitch. We will be holding up umbrellas for you and Anja when you pitch your tent ... at 24:00. Will you be bringing your 'pop-up' tent for the 1st night?

The event documents state that they would appreciate everyone being there by 09:00. From the site it takes about 15 minutes..... personally, I think we can take it as it comes, but should aim to be there as close to the time as we can... weather permitting
JanZ
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Dear all,

Tickets have arrived - for some reason I have been sent only 8..... :? I asked for a minimum of 10, but probably 12...... :x admin error I think

So far I have accounted for:
Paul H
PJ
Ian and Carole P
Stephen and Kate H
The Bradys
Tony and Eddie L
Graham and Judith T
Simon AKA DD8471
Wesley and Anja B
Danny and Kris from B
Me self - although my Moke may not arrive until Saturday PM - Boss has flu jabs to dish out in the morning! :x so weather dependent - Moke and pop-up tent, or Mokerhome...... weather gods say bright spells with showers.... (BBC) :roll: and 70% chance of rain (Yahoo) :evil:

Have I forgotten anyone... :?:

That makes 11.... I will call the organiser in the morrow and see what can be done - don't worry too much, they want lots of cars on display so it shouldn't be a problem - especially as we are... 'special' :P

PLease note that the free ticket is for car and driver. Passengers need to pay entry - think it is £8 but will confirm - so, if you have a luggage box in the back - time to practice that Houdini trick :lol:
JanZ
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Quick update -

Unfortunately Graham and Judith can't make the event. Graham has an injury on his foot and isn't allowed to walk, drive let alone put a shoe on it. Let's all wish Graham a speedy recovery....

Graham, now you can at long last sit and watch the telly as we all know you love to.... :wink:

I have secured a further 4 passes. Ian will probably bring both his Mokes so we will have a spare ticket for a last minute participant. I modestly put 8 on the application sheet seeing as we only had 5 last year and the entry system was more flexible. I sent an e-mail to CC later to confirm we needed at least 10 tickets. They didn't take it into account :roll: never mind - tickets on the way.

I checked on 'passenger' tickets and they are now (gulp :o ) £15 on the day or £12 in advance. I have taken the liberty of ordering 5 tickets in advance - those being for Stephen, Phil, Tony, Wesley and Danny http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLhN__oEHaw. You can pay me back at the event :D

I have spoken with the George Pub in Lacock http://www.georgeinnlacock.co.uk/home.php and moved the booking from Friday to Saturday - 19:30 for 20:00. I hope everyone is happy with that - it makes sense as all can then join in and we will have the event to banter about. It was a good thing too that I checked as the chocolate teapot that took the original booking forgot to put it in the book :roll: A pre-order menu will be sent. I will PM this to all when it arrives. Please choose early so that the chef can pre-empt the shopping list. Everything is 'Fresssssshhhhhhhhh'

For those wanting a meal on the Friday - the George are happy to see us, or there's a couple of other abodes we can check out ad hoc

Sunday will be driving locally to Lacock and a walk around the village - it is really nice and the home of Fox Talbot if I hadn't mentioned before. Also means that the end of the IMMD 2013 tour will be the campsite meaning we can pick up vans and tents without having to drive for miles....

Keep ya posted
JanZ
teardrop
MMC Member

Post by teardrop »

i will bring the 4mx4m event shelter
loose wheels dont roll forever
Weske
MMC Member

Post by Weske »

janz wrote:
Weske wrote:Ok, just booked the boat.

Keep place for us 8)
Wesley, I will confirm with the camp site again that you will arrive late and we will pay ahead for your pitch. We will be holding up umbrellas for you and Anja when you pitch your tent ... at 24:00. Will you be bringing your 'pop-up' tent for the 1st night?

The event documents state that they would appreciate everyone being there by 09:00. From the site it takes about 15 minutes..... personally, I think we can take it as it comes, but should aim to be there as close to the time as we can... weather permitting
Thanks for keep the place fur us. I send you a message where we are in England, can you send your number to me ?
Nope, we bring our Colman tent ... Only 3 bars ... we hope.

Greetz
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Hi Wesley, sent you PM with number..... having said that, same as in the magazine so not really a secret I guess :lol:

Spoke with the site - normally he wants people to be there by 20:00... but on this occasion he'll make an exeption 8) we'll have to be be very quiet - I will discuss with the owner how to let you in (I think there is an entry bar but not sure) very quietly :D The site owner has become very friendly when I call him now - he's got quite a few bookings through us and is probably very glad of this low season business...
JanZ
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Menus now PM'd to all please let me know ASAP - I will send in on Friday AM
JanZ
Weske
MMC Member

Post by Weske »

Here the hardtop for this weekend 8)

still a strange view :roll:
LAWSONSMOKE

Post by LAWSONSMOKE »

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Castlecombe, and only half an hour away from us. All sounds good to us Jan and we are up for pub meal Friday as well, maybe the Northeners will join us. Tony & Eddie xx
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Weske wrote:Here the hardtop for this weekend 8)

still a strange view :roll:
Yes.... do you remember the Austin Ambassador? :lol: looks ..... very practical :shock: but I'm sure we'll all be envious when the heater is going and we're all freezing the proverbials off :roll:
JanZ
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Extra tickets have arrived and I have 5 passenger tickets to.... at £12 a pop :roll: will be dished out on Friday eve, or Saturday prior to headin out...

So far I have had replies from several people for dinner... please make sure you get your order in ASAP....

Hope to be on site by about 18:30 - see you there... promises to be kinda OK weather wise. Thought we could explore the area on Sunday Morning and then find a nice spot for a bite... then Sunday PM - free to do as we want - decamp or whatever. Let's ask the Piccadilly boss if we can stay set up till the afternoon - you never know...
JanZ

Return to “MiniWorld Action Day - Castle Combe Circuit - September 28th”