1959 Prototype Mini Moke for Sale

Mokes for sale
59Prototype

1959 Prototype Mini Moke for Sale

Post by 59Prototype »

For nearly 30 years I’ve owned one of what was believed to be a batch of 6 prototype Mokes made in the experimental workshop at Longbridge for evaluation by the armed forces. Her SPL chassis number indicates that she was made as a prototype. She is registered for road use. If you attended the 2014 IMM you probably saw here. She has seen little use now for several years and as I no longer live in the UK I think it time that I found someone else to take her on and give her a bit of that TLC that she deserves.

After restoration I put her back on the road in 1989. The restoration was done as far as was practically possible. Some parts were obtained new, others second hand and some were made up to as close to the original specification as was possible. She featured in Top Gear (1989) and very briefly in an episode of the Brittas Empire. Since the restoration was completed she has done less than 3000 miles in total. The engine still runs very sweetly.

The engine is not the original but is a 948cc low compression version and was built to a similar spec as would have been fitted to the original prototypes.

If you are a Moke forum member possibly interested in buying her please contact me in the first instance via an email or PM sent from this forum. I promise to respond to everyone that enquires. (As this forum is of the type that can be read by anyone I am not keen at this stage to start splashing prices about!). Incidentally she is currently located in Christchurch, Dorset.

Graham
59Prototype

Re: 1959 Prototype Mini Moke for Sale

Post by 59Prototype »

To let everyone know that the Moke has now been sold. I can assure you that she is going to a good home!

It was a private deal so don't go asking me any questions. All I will say is that you are likely to be seeing more of her at shows and displays in due course than you did in my 30 or so years of ownership. I'm pleased and wish the old girl well.

Graham

Return to “Mokes For Sale”