1966 Moke for sale in superb condition

Mokes for sale
motodrome

1966 Moke for sale in superb condition

Post by motodrome »

Motodrome are pleased to offer this absolutely gorgeous 1966 Morris Mini Moke Mark One, , finished in Spruce Green with Limestone wheels.

HOA 499D is, without doubt, one of the very best original English-built Mokes available anywhere. Supplied new in Birmingham with the massive list of options – ‘low compression engine, front and rear passenger seats, less heater’ - according to the Heritage Certificate. We also have a copy of an original green logbook. Being an early Series 1, it retains it’s original single wiper system, and, correctly for it’s age, isn’t fitted with hubcaps.

It spent the last 30 years in Spain, which accounts for the bodyshell being so well preserved - many Mokes of this era are built up from a rusty shell with a high percentage of new panels. The last owner’s philosophy however has been to retain as much as possible as original – all the restoration work has taken place over the last twelve months using professional body/ paint and mechanical experts with no expense spared on replacement of critical parts. Both drive shafts and inner and outer cv's replaced, new headlights and side lights with replacement of parts of the loom.

The hood and seat cushions are as far as we can tell, original. The sub frames were removed and inspected and put back after painting the body. We have several photos of the vehicle in it’s ‘before’ state, and whilst stripped down.

Fitted with a 998cc A-series motor that’s recently undergone a top-end overhaul including unleaded fuel capability, and period sports steering wheel, original Kangol seat belts and gear lever extension that are all from the sixties and not present day add ons.

It has an odometer reading of just 67000 miles, and comes with MOT to March 2018.

It drives absolutely ‘on the button’ – enormous fun, and will withstand any inspection. It’s authenticity has apparently been confirmed by the Moke club.

£22795 buys you, in my opinion, the finest English Moke currently available

call simon at motodrome on 0118 907 1495 for more details

Video presentation available

based near Reading, Berks - available 7 days a week by prior appointment
pbraun

Re: 1966 Moke for sale in superb condition

Post by pbraun »

Can you post somewhere a bunch of photos?
Seems like a large price.
Thank you.
peter
1965 Mini Moke, English built, on the road again!
Bodge

Post by Bodge »

pbraun wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:34 Seems like a large price.
I agree. For £22K I think the detailing could be so much better. As things are, there are lots of things that are wrong. Not an exhaustive list but for "very best original English-built Mokes available anywhere" I would expect to see:the correct:
850cc engine
Master cylinders
Bonnet fasteners
Bonnet braid
Rear lamps

There is at least one big hole cut in the driver's side inner hull and the hood is looking a little tired.

The very best Mokes deserve to get good prices but sadly, IMHO this is not one of them.
JimOhio

Post by JimOhio »

are there pictures of this moke that you saw?
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

I believe it was advertised on the bay of fleas
Come on summer
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Hi for those that want a look here is the EBay link:-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/outstanding-1 ... SwpkFY5lK7
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
JimOhio

Post by JimOhio »

Superb? bit of a stretch of an example of what a superb moke is in my opinion.
j Beeton

Post by j Beeton »

Hmmmm suberb? The cut out in the drivers side is for an ICE system or radio as it used to be called!!! My moke had a similar cut out so when I restored it new steel was welded in to close off the panel as it was originally . The car does look a nice example but hardly superb . I would not value my car anywhere near that price ! So what is it really worth? .... :D
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

10,000 quid MAX in my book.. later bc

Return to “Mokes For Sale”