1965 Austin Mini Moke CKD FOR SALE

Mokes for sale
Nigel Babb

1965 Austin Mini Moke CKD FOR SALE

Post by Nigel Babb »

Hi,
I have just relocated from South Africa and brought this '65 Moke CKD. it has no papers as none were issued for CKD's and this was an ex military Moke and sold as surplus without papers. The Moke Club and British Motor Industry Heritage Trust confirm the lack of paperwork. I have a BMIH cerificate and covering letter to that effect.

I would like to sell it. I have a NOVA clearance.

I restored it from the bottom up as it was badly rusted. I have a pictoral history of the rebuild.

Here is what I have done.

The motor is a 1275 with a 'gentle' cam and rebuilt. Re-sleeved to standard, new pistons, rings, bearings, gas flowed head, converted to unleaded, new clutch, new radiator, new water pump, new alternator, new master cylinders and slave clutch, recon rear brake slaves, new pads and shoes, new brake lines, new calipers and discs front, recon fuel tank, lined with aircraft rubber/sealant inside, new petrol pump, new 13 inch Mini lites and tires, new aluminium tappet cover, recon SU's, jets,needle and seats new, New loom, New rear rubber light mounts, new chrome headlamp surrounds, new front indicators and finally, electronic ignition.

All rust cut out of body, acid bath, re-fabricated, underside sprayed with urethane before spruce green coat.

Estimated distance traveled since completion 2500 miles give or take. [4000 km+-]

Brought to UK as a show car.
Attached is a link that states that MOT is not necessary for vehicles over 40 years.

I am looking to buy a classic mini
in good condition as a run-about as I work from home.

I have reviewed this and cannot see my pics. Please help me or mail me and I will send the pics to you. Sorry about my tech ignorance.

Thank you,
Nigel Babb

nigelburningduck@gmail.com

What offers? New boy on the block.
20170926_111319.jpg
20170804_080408.jpg
20170804_080315 (1).jpg
20170804_080251.jpg
20170804_080235.jpg
file:///C:/Users/Nigel%20Babb/Downloads/mot-exemption-cars-over-40-years-old-arrives-may-2018.htm

Return to “Mokes For Sale”