wanted nice OZ moke in Australia.

Mokes and related items wanted
werewolf

wanted nice OZ moke in Australia.

Post by werewolf »

I am looking to buy couple nice mokes from OZ. I tried to buy the yellow small wheel one and the green portugal moke also on www.ebay.com.au that was in germany BUT got outbid ( or shill bid) at last moment.. looking to pay $10k AUS for RHD moke with very little rust. thanks bill cox MBA lic NC dealer and bonded US CUSTOMS importer with TWIC ACE and SCAC.. www.montecarlomini.com phone.. 001.704.487.6406 shop.. 001.704.487.6797 home NO BROKERS..
werewolf

Re: wanted nice OZ moke in Australia.

Post by werewolf »

I have given up trying to buy any mokes from www.gumtree.com.au the sellers NEVER respond.. you would thing IF you had real cash buyer that is Lic dealer.. you would at least respond to email. and stupid gumtree.com.au BLOCKS number if you responding to ad OUTSIDE of OZ.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr later bc
Dean
MMC Member

Post by Dean »

werewolf wrote: the sellers NEVER respond.. you would thing IF you had real cash buyer that is Lic dealer.. you would at least respond to email.
TBH, if I was selling and got an email from overseas, saying they were a "REAL" cash buyer, quoting some obscure licensed dealer number like it meant something to the average Aussie seller, I'd probably delete it too.
Dean
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

dean.. I buy dozens of cars from the UK every month.. your loss if you do NOT look at REAL dealer in the USA to sell your moke.. later b c
Tim

Post by Tim »

Gumtree is meant to be for local transactions, it says it in five places on its welcome page. Gumtree is owned by e-bay which is intended to be more global. In Australia (at least) Gumtree is utterly rife with scammers, so part of their recommendations for not being ripped off is that you only deal face-to-face. Ebay offers other protections that Gumtree doesn't have.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

tim.. thanks for that info..did NOT all that. sure are some nice mokes still for sale on gumtree.com.au and getting real thin on the ground on ebay.com.au later bc www.montecarlomini.com
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

tim.. bit hard to to face to face NC to OZ.. I have export agent that handles the money part.. cargo on line.. I do wire transfer to them and she pays the seller for the moke WHEN they bring to her in sydney or brisbane.. with Aus logbook.. later bc

Return to “Wanted”