Windscreen wiper switch

Mokes and related items wanted
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Windscreen wiper switch

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Is there anyone out there that knows if the rotary 'screen wiper switch is still available ?
Come on summer
Wally2
MMC Member

Re: Windscreen wiper switch

Post by Wally2 »

Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

They are all generic k****r the ones wally, and while they may do at a pinch I was hoping for a genuine one......just waiting for Australia to wake up first
Come on summer
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Dean
MMC Member

Post by Dean »

Northern Mini Parts have them supposedly (don't know how up to date their page is).
Dean
http://www.miniparts.com.au/Northern_Mi ... cials.html
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

That's the one dean, I've emailed them to ask ( what else is there to do at 06:30 on a Sunday morning?)
Come on summer
Tim

Post by Tim »

I got one from NMP several years back, the original died after being filled with sand-blasting garnet. I probably could have opened it up and repaired it, but the body is rivetted together.

The wiring seems ridiculously complicated, from memory the switch was from Germany. I think there was some desperation involved with trying to get the original style of motor to work at two speeds and self park. If you need to use an alternaitive switch, you'll have your work cut out to mate up the wiring. There's a very useful article about them on the mokewerx site. http://www.moke.com.au/in-the-garage/el ... s-revealed

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

I followed up on Deans tip Tim, true to the laws of sod the chap has one but he's currently on holiday about 60 miles from me :evil: Anyway, with any luck,we will be able to sort something out when he gets back so alls well.
I've also found a spare preslite wiper motor on eBay and I've bought that too as I'm not sure which link in the chain is actually broken
Come on summer

Return to “Wanted”