Barton Hardtop on Ebay

Parts, Paraphernalia and Services.
Souwester

Barton Hardtop on Ebay

Post by Souwester »

This is on for just a few days more, is anyone interested? It won't fit mine but I had wondered about the economics of using this to create moulds to make others to order, any comments?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/182181632376?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re: Barton Hardtop on Ebay

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

I've got comments!!! First, why bother using the panels to make moulds when the moulds to make those panels are in my garage?
Second, I know what was paid for the panels....and it was a sight less than he's asking
Third, they don't fit!

Just my opinion of course
Come on summer
Robin Jones

Post by Robin Jones »

Besides being pretty rare in the US. (Mokes I mean.) The main reason why my father bought this car was because the mini was too hard to get in and out of. There was no heater so here in NE the mini never saw cold weather anyways. I also might be removing the hood so my uncle can get in and out of the back seat with his bum knee. It is pretty neat but I understand why the dealer didn't have many orders for them.
This is Matt Jones Son of Robin.
Jamesi85

Post by Jamesi85 »

That's the ol boy I got my moke from. But I didn't want to buy the roof as didn't see the point as looses its carector
Tim

Post by Tim »

I'm well known for my anti-hardtop stance, but I have to admit the Barton was a pretty good one. I still wouldn't bother though.

Its ironic that No Top Nigel has the moulds, but perhaps its a good way of protecting unfortunate innocents who think a hardtop is worthwhile, from wasting their money? :D

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.

Return to “Moke Miscelleanous For Sale”