Welsh Weekend 19-21 September 2014

joemokebeth

Welsh Weekend 19-21 September 2014

Post by joemokebeth »

I have heard a rummor this event has been cancelled and as the organiser this was news to me, I apologise if the lack of publicity has led to the assumption this event is not going ahead.

We have already drive the routes, got the campsite booked (it is the same site we used last year) in Builth Wells and their are plenty of B&Bs for those that don't want to camp. Friday night will be a meet and greet including a trip to the Fish & Chip shop for those that want to partake. Saturday we have a scenic drive in the morning through the Black Mountains with a lunch stop at Llandovery. The afternoon drive includes spetacular views of Llyn Brianne Reservoir and Tywi Forest before arriving back at the campsite late afternoon. We will have a meal in a local pub in the evening. Sunday again will be another scenic drive north from Builth Wells ending up at the Elan Valley Dam Visitors Centre. For those staying for the afternoon and interested their is a further drive round the reservoirs that make up the Elan Valley Reservoirs complex.

If you are interested in coming and want more information please don't hesitate to contact me, if you intend to come please could you let me know so I can add you to my list for numbers for the campsite, meals etc.

Happy Moking

Kay Willis, Welsh & Shropshire Area rep.
Wally2
MMC Member

Re: Welsh Weekend 19-21 September 2014

Post by Wally2 »

Hi Kay,
We will be coming! Thats me, wife and dog! We are going on the Thursday to a hotel near by and making it a bit of a holiday. We will join you for the fish & chips on Friday night and the meal on Sat night.
See you soon
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
joemokebeth

Post by joemokebeth »

Not a problem, you're allready on the list. We're hoping to beat last years numbers. We've got some great routes lined up with some amazing scenery and a very good chance of seeing red kites flying. So anyone thinking of joining us I can recommend it, just drop us a line to let us know.
Mark and Kay plus daft woofs.
Manicmark

Post by Manicmark »

Hi Kay, Sue and i fancy coming along, do you have any contact details for b&bs ?
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi,
If you look on this event last year in Archive 2013, there is a list of B & B's close by.
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

There is also www.smithfieldfarm.co.uk which I'm told is very nice, but they dont take pets so we had to find an alternative.
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Manicmark

Post by Manicmark »

Thanks for the tip Chris, Smithfield farm looks really nice, i think we will book that up.
Thats the easy bit now we have to get a moke ready to go in.
Mark.
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi, Dont hang about, they only have two rooms and I think one is already booked by another Welsh Weekend regular!
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
LAWSONSMOKE

Post by LAWSONSMOKE »

Hi Kay

Can you put us on the list for the welsh weekend please and can you send us details of site etc. . Do we need to book campsite direct.

Thanks

Tony and Eddie
Jez

Post by Jez »

Hi Kay as you know we have spoken and emailed but to ensure I keep in line with all other Moker's I confirm I'm coming. I'm staying in Llangurig so won't be needing accommodation thanks.

What time approximately are we meeting on Friday evening ?

Kind regards

Jez

Bexhill on Sea
joemokebeth

Post by joemokebeth »

Hi jez, we're aiming to meet about 7pm to wander up for fish and chips. I will book the site for you as long as I know you're coming.
Kay
Jez

Post by Jez »

Kay many thanks for your reply. I'm going to be staying in Llangurig so won't need a space on camp but I will be with you before 7pm on Friday. Sadly though due to work pressure I shall have to return on Sunday, rather than Monday as I'd originally planned.

Jez
joemokebeth

Post by joemokebeth »

Hello all,

For those who have booked and want to join us for a meal on the Saturday evening I have booked a table at the Greyhound Hotel in Builth Wells. Please could you have a look at the menu on their website www.thegreyhoundhotel.co.uk and let me know your order by 11 September 2014 so I get let the hotel have all the orders together on the Friday.

thanks

Kay
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

We had a great run down to Builth Wells this afternoon in varing degrees of sunshine and warmth. Looking forward to seeing the other attendees tomorrow evening. Hoping that the weather will continue into the weekend!
Chris, Marg and Tayler (the dog!).
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Lucky for some, I'm still fixing the clutch (23:00 hours)
Come on summer

Return to “Welsh Weekend - September 19th-21st”