Castle Combe - Miniworld Action day 27th September

Castle Combe
janz
MMC Member

Castle Combe - Miniworld Action day 27th September

Post by janz »

What a turnout we had last year... and still managed to get on the track FOC :D - definite smiles per gallon!

We need publicity this year - The super article from 2011 arranged with Phil and Suzy is something to live up to.

Check out the site - once forms are available, I will book the FOC club stand. http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/eve ... n-days.asp. We are meant to be able to get 12 Mokes on the stand - last year was a total 'Squeeze' with Rob's Mini Fixers (of which PJ and self are members) having to give us part of their space, to just squeeze 9 Mokes in! Will be bartering a better pitch this year!

This year's event promises to be great as usual. We will probably camp at the same site which is excellent and close to the historical town of Lacock - famous for Fox Talbot and a couple of good pubs:

Picadilly Caravan Park, Folly Lane West, Lacock, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 2LP http://www.caravancampingsites.co.uk/wi ... adilly.htm

To keep the 'ever so friendly' site owner happy this year.... so that he will consider letting us camp again, I will confirm all bookings with him first and once agreed, deposits can be sent in. Last year, said person (in the general Moker's consensus view) didn't put 2 n 2 together... and double booked 5 pitches, totally coincidentally with the same names..... :roll: blamed several Mokers for it ..... :shock: We will comply :D he growls like a tiger, but is a pussycat really :lol:

Schedule:

Arrive Friday eve - pop into Lacock for pie n pint
Saturday: Miniworld Action Day - in the evening group dinner; we will change venue this year to the Sign of the Angel http://www.lacock.co.uk/angelhome.html PJ, PPLM team and ourselves had lunch there and the grub is great - we will have a superb long lable for ourselves
Sunday: Probably International Mini Moke Day - well, it usually is... for those who fancy it, drive back to the southern Cotswolds and a stop for lunch... TBA
Get a life, Get a Moke...
JanZ
flyboy

Re: Castle Combe - Miniworld Action day 27th September

Post by flyboy »

Hi Jan
We had a really great time at this event last year so would love to repeat the experience, I would really like to drive round the race circuit again !
Please book us into the camp site for three nights from the Friday as now we are both retired we do not have to rush back for work.
Hope this is OK

Cheers,Kate & Stephen
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Old git :twisted:
Come on summer
PJ

Post by PJ »

Last edited by PJ on Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:07, edited 1 time in total.
You don't give up Moking when you get old ...... you get old when you give up Moking!
Pig Pen Love Machine

Post by Pig Pen Love Machine »

Book me and my seat cover in for two nights viz Friday and Saturday in the young studs corner with our truck

Big 10 -4
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

I have had many people now saying that they'll come to Castle Combe, especially during the excellent IMM 2014. This year, the free pitch is stated to be able to hold only 10 cars. Those that attended last year will remember that we had 9 cars on a 12 car pitch and it was way toooooo small. I will be able to book a 20 car pitch in a 'better' location for the princely sum of £100. I do not want to waste funds though if we don't need to. I have checked with the organisers and we still have a small window to book, but I do compel you to confirm your attendance ASAP. I will need to book by end of this week, or next Monday latest.

Also, as you may remember, the campsite owner was disgruntled with us due to the fact that he felt people had 'double booked'. I am happy to book for all, but it may be better if we all book individually. Can I have your thoughts please?

Of course I must plug merchandise.... If you let me know what you would like beforehand, I will make sure it's available. See the next mag and forum gallery for pictures.... soon.
JanZ
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Hi Jan. Can you book Judith and me in, 2 nights, young studs corner, please.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
Weske
MMC Member

Post by Weske »

Normally we also come to this great event ! But for the moment we don't have make the plans.
On friday come to the campsite is just to far, because we must work on friday. Last year we sleep somewhere in London.
Beginning of September i have a better view about this.

And maybe we come with our Aussie ? 8)
LAWSONSMOKE

Post by LAWSONSMOKE »

Hi Jan,

Just checking we are on your list for Friday and Saturday night. Will wait to hear if you want us to book campsite direct but might be best if we all do to save any confusion again.

Tony & Eddie
Tony Freeman

Post by Tony Freeman »

Would like to come to the event. Have booked 5 star accommodation down the road, see you there.
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

I think we may go over the 10 Moke free pitch limit. I will try and get us a B type pitch near the paddock. Will try to stay on the grass so we can put the shelter up.

I think I will book the campsite this year, as the owner was a pretty pifficult durson last year :lol: I will call and see what needs be done about deposit etc.

Jan
JanZ
Weske
MMC Member

Post by Weske »

We have booked a B&B for that weekend. Friday till sunday in Corsham. http://www.meadlodge.com
Also we want to book the diner for saturday evening Janz.

We come with the Portuguese or maybe with the Aussie ... This week the engine in de Aussie.
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Great that you can make it Wesley,

Glad now I booked the bigger pitch - on gras for the event shelter :D
JanZ
Weske
MMC Member

Post by Weske »

On what (moke)time we come togehter Saturday morning to drive in group to Castle Combe ?
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Good question Wesley - I recall being worried about timing last year, but as there is so much going on, it didn't really matter that much. It will be a long day in the end - official opening is 09:00, but then that is for going on the track. I recall we aimed to get there for 10:00 - 10:15 last year. If everyone is happy with that - you know what the night before can be like (not as wild as the night after :lol: ) we can convoy there at say 10:00. If people want to go earlier, no problem. Feedback please......
JanZ

Return to “MiniWorld Action Day - September 27th”