IMD?

International Moke Day. Multiple Locations.
Dean
MMC Member

IMD?

Post by Dean »

In case this is all new to you, here's the story.
http://www.moke.com.au/events-for-mokes ... -sept-28th
janz
MMC Member

Re: IMD?

Post by janz »

South Central will be holding an IMD following the (very popular, even if I say so my self... Ding Dong!) Castle Combe event on the 27th September.

All welcome, whether camping or Combing or neither.....

We will set off from Piccadilly Caravan Park in Lacock, Wilts SN15 2LP around 10:30 for 11:00 (Moke time) for a local drive, lunch in a picturesque village (possibly Lacock or Tiddlywink), then another short drive and stop for tea... or possibly something totally different - watch this space and see......
Get a life, Get a Moke...
JanZ
Tim

Post by Tim »

Yes, we'll be running ours in Southern Tasmania again this year. You are all invited, of course.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi all,
Had a go at this last year, ended up on my own going to Matlock Bath and Chatsworth, still had a great day (see pics on gallery) so may try it again! anyone like to join me?
Cheers
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Wally2 wrote:Hi all,
Had a go at this last year, ended up on my own going to Matlock Bath and Chatsworth, still had a great day (see pics on gallery) so may try it again! anyone like to join me?
Cheers
Chris
Alternatively, and now that you are no longer a camping virgin :D you could always blow the dust off your new Cinch Pop-Up 4 man (with which I was extremely impressed and will probably get one myself, already having the 3 man version), ensure the side window is shut :lol: and join us at Castle Combe for the weekend :!: You won't be on yer tod then :)
JanZ
4XMOKE

Post by 4XMOKE »

I hereby vow to spend IMD 2014 actually making some worthwhile progress on my Moke !

See you at Coombe.

Roger G
My other car is a Moke......
My other Moke is an Ant....
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Well, didn't get down to Castle Combe, so went out on my own for a run up into the Peak District.
Ended up at Hartington, home of the famous Cheese Shop!
Weather was exceptionally warm and sunning, just right for Moking!
Hope all at Castle Combe are having/had a great weekend - look forward to seeing the photos
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
4XMOKE

Post by 4XMOKE »

IMD has not gone well for my poor MOK 4X.
I had hoped that something, anything, would get done on it today, but alas, that has not been the case......

Confession;
The work I've been doing today really should have been done yesterday, but the pan rattler was out at an exhibition all day which left me with the offspring. Well, offspring person would have got bored to tears at the unit all day waiting for me to get done, so we both skived off and headed off down to Castle Combe for the day!
Delightful day had by all (including offspring who took on the Daleks and won!), but my poor project has paid the price today.

Solution;
One day shall be taken out of this week's schedule to work solely on the Moke.

Am I forgiven for my lack of contribution to IMD ?

Roger G
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Well, you were at a Moke 'do' so forgiven!

Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Tim

Post by Tim »

We had a fantastic morning for International Moke Day in Southern Tasmania. Six diverse Mokes turned out. The weather was exceptional - 28°C! I think we achieved a new record maximum temperature for early spring.

We had a relatively short run up through the foothills of Mt Wellington, which is a fabulous Moking road. We're planning a run that way as part of Mokin' Downunder in March.

Then we headed into Kingston Beach to find a cafe for morning tea. From there we divided up, I cruised home via the twisty Channel Highway, which tracks up the shore of the river Derwent back to the city. The unfortunate side effect (In truth, the cause) of such an exceptionally hot day was the scorching northerly winds which howled through by late morning, meaning that it was good to get home and indoors.

All in all, it was a fun way to spend the morning, stretch the Moke's legs and meet some new comers.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
Dean
MMC Member

Post by Dean »

28°C?!?
Wow. We only managed 24 up here.
We all met up at Matts place (AKA Read Speed/The Miniman) for coffee and toasties. We had 5 "runners" and several other Mokes in and around Matt's workshop.
After a couple of hours chatting, the 5 runners headed off on a coastal run taking in Wynnum, Manly and Lota eventually stopping at Welington Point for fish and chips. I only managed to get a few shots at the end when we were down to 3 Mokes and about to head home.
Dean

Tim

Post by Tim »

Looks like a great day Dean. I bet your 24 was a lot nicer than our 28.

Believe it or not, they are forecasting snow down to 500m over the next couple of days.

Tim
4XMOKE

Post by 4XMOKE »

Tim,
That looks like a cracking time! I like the look of the bluey/purple Moke this end....

Deano,
You can proper hate some people!

Roger G
Tim

Post by Tim »

4XMOKE wrote:Tim,
That looks like a cracking time! I like the look of the bluey/purple Moke this end....
Yes that bluey purple is a great colour, my six year old decided it was indigo when she was working out whether we had a full 'spectrum' of colours. Most mokes around here are modified to some extent. Of that line-up only the yellow one at the far end is mostly original, the rest have varying levels of modifications. The one with the red wheels is a Choke and the other red one is widened by a couple of inches on each wing and has a rear spoiler!

Tim
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Had a super day,

Pose at the George Inn at Lacock where we had a 22 Moker dinner the night before - special guests from Australia, Sam and (sweet) Georgie Brown (Perth), Gijs from Bloemendaal (NL) and the infamous Steve Colbran (Mini Magazine - the only one)
South Central.......

Where the action is! :D
JanZ

Return to “IMD 2014 - September 28th”