Attendance

grantourer
MMC Member

Re: Attendance

Post by grantourer »

Hi. Just got back from a brilliant weekend in Wales, good weather and good company. Thank you Kay, Mark, Aubrey and Helena. We thoroughly enjoyed it, and already looking forward to next year. Once again thanks for a great weekend.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi all,
We will second and third that, thanks to Kay, Mark, Aubrey and Helena for organising a brilliant weekend even down to the great weather!
Already looking forward to next year.
now suffering with PWWB - Post Welsh Weekend Blues!
Cheers
Chris Margaret and Tayler.
Photos - will put some on the gallery soon.
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Jez

Post by Jez »

Dear Kay & Mark,

Got back about 20 mins ago 20-40. Sorry I didn't get the chance to say a proper good bye but after you said that most had left I thought do I really want to pay another nights B&B only to sit on my own ?

Well of course the answer was NO. So I went for it. Good journey back and the M25 was quite forgiving ! 801 mile door to door so a good Moking weekend.

Most of all though I would like to say a big thank you to you and Mark for organising yet another excellent Wales Moking Weekend. It really was great and I thoroughly enjoyed it including the 'garlic mushrooms' :)

To see some regulars again simply added to the weekend and I look forward to next year, somewhere near Snowdonia ?

Thanks again and Happy Christmas

Jez. x
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi Jez,
What a good decision to return home yesterday looking at the weather today! We were very lucky again with the weather over the whole weekend.
As Jez says sorry that we didn't say cherrio to everyone but as we were 10 miles nearer home at Llangollen and everyone seemed to have dispersed, we headed home.
Cheers
Chris, Marg and Tayler (that's him in the back!)
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
aubreythomas

Post by aubreythomas »

Just a quick note to thank everyone who attended the Welsh Weekend this year. As ever company was great and although not all of the journeys to Wales were without mishap everything was fine in the end. Hope everyone got home safely. Look forward to seeing as many as possible in Wales again next year.
Regards to all
Aubrey and Helena
aubreythomas

Post by aubreythomas »

Following our weekend in Carrog we had a chat with Kay and Mark last night about the possibility oh having a Sunday lunch get together in November. Probably the 22nd at a place on the Llangollen side of the horseshoe pass - mokes optional. Not booked anything yet but if anyone is interested can you let me know in the next couple of weeks please so that I've got an idea of numbers. Think we've got 6 so far.
Thanks
Aubrey
done a few miles

Post by done a few miles »

Hi to all the Moke owners who we joined for our first Welsh weekend.

To start a huge thank you to those that allowed our weekend to continue, For those that were not there,it went like this ;

We set out from Cambridge on Friday afternoon, weather was great, the A14 was clear ( thats not normal for a Friday afternoon ) but having reached Kettering, a front tyre burst,

No problem spare was fitted and we were back on with the journey , very considerate place to give way on a slip road I thought.

Soon after we were on the M6 and traffic was busy but flowing . Then came the M54 ,again traffic was light and the weather still great,we made it to Telford, when the near side front tyre burst. Just a few yards short of a motorway telephone post, with this in site I pulled in and we jumped up the embankment for safety.

First call was to the AA due to the fact that the only spare tyre had already been fitted, an hour or so earlier !!! .Details were given and an explanation of what a Moke was. our need for a tyre led to a call to tyre companies in Telford, but ten inch tyres are not on the shelf any longer. special order only ! OH dear !

A three wheel Moke was not going to get us to Wales ,and by now the AA said that a place of safety for us and the Moke was all they could offer,a transporter was on its way.
as Joanne was talking to them I saw a camper that looked familiar heading our way, and within seconds it passed with a Moke in tow.

A few moments passed and the same camper van passed us again this time East bound, I said they are coming to help.and that they did.

Graham and his wife stopped in front, asked what the problem was, I explained that TWO tyres had failed, ah right ok ( his immediate reply was ) we need to get your Moke on the Trailer and you drive my Moke Graham said. I then realised that we were just a mile from Telford Services, so I got back in and drove with three and a half tyres to the junction, where graham was waiting with the trailer.
Our journey then continued to the campsite, on arrival another member had been arranged to take us to the B&b.
Following Morning the same member took us back to the site where the Moke had gained its own pit crew, one with a wheel brace another two with spare wheels to allow us to enjoy the weekend. While this was happening Phone calls were made to other members and friends in the area to see if they could supply a tyre.
No tyres were found but Simon Harper and David Evans both allowed me to drive home with their wheels.

Just to say this apart we had a fab weekend and the weather was also perfect for Mokeing

I am sorry if I have not mentioned any other names for their help , but I can honestly say the whole Moke club have been amazing. thank you all for every thing.

we look forward to the next time. Paul and Joanne

PS new set of tyres on their way :oops:

Return to “The Welsh Weekend - September 18th to 20th”