Welsh Weekend 2016

joemokebeth

Welsh Weekend 2016

Post by joemokebeth »

Welsh Weekend 16-18 September 2016

This 30th Anniversary Event will be returning to Llys Derwen Caravan and Camping Site in Llanrug, situated halfway between Llanberris and Caernarfon just off A4086. The campsite tariffs are:
Caravan/Motorhome/Tent £16 per night Small Tent £8 per night Electricity £5 per night (includes 2 people)
In the village there is a bakery (next to the campsite) where you can order fresh bread, rolls, pies etc. the day before can be baked fresh for breakfast. There is also a café that serves breakfast in the village. B&B details are available from Aubrey Thomas (please contact by PM through the forum or if you don’t have access to the Forum then please phone).
The itinerary will follow the usual format of Friday night Fish and Chips from the village chippy. Saturday will be scenic drives with a couple comfort breaks and a lunch stop. In the evening I have booked a meal at Glyntwrog Inn, a short walk from the campsite.
Sunday will be going back to our roots with a short scenic drive ending up at Portmeirion at lunchtime. I have arranged for group rate for access (Adults £9.00, Senior/Students £8.50 and Children (5-15 years) £6.50) and for a drive through the village incorporating a photo shoot. We also have the option of a guided tour of the village at no extra cost but this would have to be booked in advance of the weekend.
Please let me know if you are (interested in) attending, if you will be camping (including arrival and departure dates), joining us for an evening meal on the Saturday, if you are joining us for the visit to Portmeirion and if you would want the free guided tour.
Drake
MMC Member

Re: Welsh Weekend 2016

Post by Drake »

would you accept an AMC Cub?? i'm hoping to have mine finished in the next month or so and my wife and I love that part of the country so would love to tag alone if possible. Not sure what we would do as I may trailer it behind my camper - but would prefer to drive over. Anyone else in Yorkshire planning to drive over?
I've been to Portmerion many times so would love to visit and drive through
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Yeah, I'm intending to go and I think I may be able to convince my daughter to tag along. That's a convoy of two!
Come on summer
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Drake wrote:would you accept an AMC Cub?? i'm hoping to have mine finished in the next month or so and my wife and I love that part of the country so would love to tag alone if possible.
Hi Drake,
Glad to hear that the project is nearing completion and that you can come and join us in Wales! It's one of the best weekends of the year as you can see from the photos of previous years.
See you there!
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Drake
MMC Member

Post by Drake »

Excellent, I must update my thread as it's nearly done. Hood arrived today, not 100% happy but it will have to do as it's been back once already. Spoke to the missus yesterday about it and she's happy tenting so just need to get it finished now.
joemokebeth

Post by joemokebeth »

Hello Nigel,

Can you let me have your numbers as soon as you are know.

Thanks

Kay
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Ok....as soon as I get off the boat
Come on summer
Jez

Post by Jez »

Kay

You took my confirmation in Belgium to attend for everything !

So I'm just double checking ?

Kind regards

jez

DBL 785B
Manicmark

Post by Manicmark »

Sue and I will be there, b&b all booked.
Mark. :D
pbraun

Post by pbraun »

Sounds like fun, wish we could be there, but got another trip planned for a while now. Post those pictures, please!
peter
1965 Mini Moke, English built, on the road again!
Manicmark

Post by Manicmark »

Sorry Kay, I should have sent a little more info, Sue and I are booked in a b&b, we would love to join you for fish and chips on Friday night, the meal on Saturday night , entry into portmerion and the guided tour please.
Mark.
Tony Freeman

Post by Tony Freeman »

Hi, Will be attending the weekend, Friday night and Saturday evening meal not sure about Portmerion yet.

Tony Freeman
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi Kay, Mark, Aubrey and Helena,
Cannot remember (its an age thing) if I've let you know that me, Marg and Tayler will be coming to the WW. We will be in B & B in Llanberis, we will join you for the Saturday night meal (not Tayler!), the visit to Portmeirion and the free guided tour.
Seems a long way off but then again so did the National!
Cheers
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
aubreythomas

Post by aubreythomas »

After such a successful national in Falmouth can I remind everybody about the arrangements for the Welsh Weekend that is scheduled to take place on 16th to 18th September at Llanrug. We are returning to a camp site we have used before, with fish and chips on Friday and a meal in the village pub on Saturday evening. Helena and myself are planning a route through Snowdonia for the Saturday with Kay and Mark taking over on Sunday when we will mark the 30th anniversary of this event with a return visit to Portmeirion being included in the day. Thanks to all of you who confirmed your details with us while we were in Falmouth. Those who have not yet booked in please contact Kay for camping/caravan pitch or me for details of local guest houses. Come on mokers let's make the 30th weekend one to remember.
Regards Aubrey
johng
MMC Member

Post by johng »

Hi Aubrey . I will be attending but on my own this time as we have just acquired a puppy and it is not yet fully vaccinated so we can't let her out. My misses volunteered to stay at home. Looking forward to a great 30th Event ( which by strange coincidence is my age ..... lol )

Return to “Other Events 2016”