johng
MMC Member

Re: Welsh Weekend 2016

Post by johng »

:cry: Plus a bit :cry:
aubreythomas

Post by aubreythomas »

Thanks for letting us know. Enjoy the puppy and looking forward to meeting him / her at one of next year's events
Regards Aubrey
jocro69

Post by jocro69 »

Hi Aubrey. As promised, I am letting you know whether I can get along to this years Wales Weekend, and I'm very pleased to say I will!
Before I go ahead and book a B&B, of which I have several in mind, can you (or anyone else) recommend suitable accommodation?
I will travel on Friday arriving mid afternoon and return on Sunday evening.
Look forward to seeing everyone there - Richard
aubreythomas

Post by aubreythomas »

Hi Richard glad you're able to join us. Number of B&Bs on high street Llanberis about 3 miles from campsite. Those listed have parking as high street is always busy. Friends own Plas Coch which is very nice but maybe full by now. Alpine Lodge, Llanberis Lodges and Beech Bank look fine although we've not been inside. Alternative is Lake View Hotel nearer the campsite but not in Llanberis.
Let me know if you need any other info
See you in a few weeks
Aubrey
jocro69

Post by jocro69 »

Many thanks, Aubrey. Lake View had special offer, so just confirmed there. See you on 16th. Richard
Jez

Post by Jez »

Hi Kay, Mark, Aubrey and Helena,

Yesterday my best friends wife died suddenly. Her funeral at which I have been asked to take part is on the afternoon of Friday 16 September. It is therefore with sadness on both counts that my son & I will not be able to attend my most favorite event of the year.

Here's to 2017 then ?

Kind regards

Jez

DBL 785B
2000CC

Post by 2000CC »

Having visited Mark Palliser at his Leominster workshops recently. Great team and a very informative morning spent. I do intend to attend at rather short notice, the Welsh Event.

No Moke to display at this time arriving by 4x4 with two collies. So looking for a B&B close by that is dog friendly. Dogs stay in rear of 4x4 so just need exercise area close by and me a bed. Would tow a caravan up but not one available.

Will be leaving North Birmingham area on the Friday afternoon if anyone wants a lift and to see Mokes in their intended environment. I am told this is something not to miss...!

Many thanks,

Neil
aubreythomas

Post by aubreythomas »

Hi Neil glad you're able to join us. Campsite is about 3 miles from Llanberis and most of those doing B&B are staying there. Alpine Lodge, Llanberis Lodges and Beech Bank all have car parking although I'm not sure of policy on dogs. I know from someone else that Lake View Hotel nearer campsite but outside Llanberis has offer on at the moment but I'm not sure what car parking is like there. Let me know if you need any other info
Regards
Aubrey
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi all,
After the refurb on my engine, I now have a dynamo going spare (free).
It is a Lucas B90 which was itself fully refurbished a couple of years ago. It is similar to the normal C40 but is a little longer but does fit on the standard brackets, just on the other side of the rear bracket.
If anyone is in need of it and are going to the Welsh Weekend this week, I can bring it with me, so just let me know.
Cheers
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
2000CC

Post by 2000CC »

Quick update, booked a room last minute at Lake View Hotel, seems fine from the photos. So I guess there will be someone around late Friday afternoon with an idea of the weekend events,otherwise I will hunt for the campsite. Neil
2000CC

Post by 2000CC »

And for Aubury, please count me in one person (sad) for Saturday meal and the Sunday Portmerion trip.
jocro69

Post by jocro69 »

Hi again Aubrey. Previous post reminded me that I hadn't stated that I wanted to be included in the Saturday meal and Sunday trip. Thanks. Richard
joemokebeth

Post by joemokebeth »

Hello Richard, thanks for your post and I have added you to my list for both.
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi all Welsh Weekenders,
I have the new Club car badges and so they will be available at the weekend! :D :D :D
Cheers
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D

Return to “Other Events 2016”