club national 29 june 1 july

Norfolk
grantourer
MMC Member

Re: club national 29 june 1 july

Post by grantourer »

Wally2 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 14:01 Dare I say it - weather forecast is looking good :D :D :D
Now you have spoilt it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
4mokes

Post by 4mokes »

Hi Danny-kris
Nice of you to join us ,I’m sure you will enjoy it . If you are wanting to eat with us in the clubhouse on the Saturday night could you send me your meal choices please or post on the forum if you wish . There is a copy of the menu at the front of this listing .
Paul
4mokes

Post by 4mokes »

Hi John
We are now on 46 people and a dog that I am aware of as they have booked in for the meal . Moke wise I think we are on about 26 plus a mini and a 4x4 .
Paul
johng
MMC Member

Post by johng »

Well done Paul . Thanks for all your work organising this.
I like the idea of 4x4 ….. just in case :D
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

I'II second that John!
Anyone going to be there on Thursday? I'm hoping to be on the campsite mid afternoon ish :D
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Hi Chris. We will be there on Thursday, but got to leave on Sunday, though.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

peterbradbury wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 13:03 Tried to book today, however the lady dealing with our booking is away so they will call me back when she returns, so I should be making it! Might have to fit some comfortable seats before driving the Moke that far!
Hi Peter,
did you manage to get booked in?
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
peterbradbury

Post by peterbradbury »

Yes I did, took a few attempts to get through but did in the end.

Just got to polish and pack the car now!
67 Morris Moke
Pig Pen Love Machine

Post by Pig Pen Love Machine »

Wally2 wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 16:50 I'II second that John!
Anyone going to be there on Thursday? I'm hoping to be on the campsite mid afternoon ish :D
We will be pulling in around lunchtime on Thursday with the Pig 🐷Pen Love Machine🐽❤️
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi Ian,
Will the rig be carrying some of that fine Millers oil?
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Pig Pen Love Machine

Post by Pig Pen Love Machine »

Affirmative
4mokes

Post by 4mokes »

Hi All
Thank for all your support for the National this weekend. Plans are mostly in place. We are heading off to Cromer early on Wednesday,so will be around when most of you arrive if you have any questions.
We have had a surge of bookings in the last week (I think somebody mentioned the weather was going to be good )so much so that we have stretched the clubhouse kitchen to capacity. So I must announce that

SATURDAY NIGHTS MEAL IS FULL

If you haven’t booked a meal you can of course join us for drinks .
I will also say that every one who has told me they are coming has booked a meal and there is currently nobody who hasn’t got a meal .
We are now 49 for the meal and 51 coming to the event, which equates to apx 27 mokes 2 minis and a 4x4.
jocro69

Post by jocro69 »

Moke Club National – Sunday 1st July
As part of Paul’s plans for our delectation this coming weekend, I have been asked to provide a ‘green route’ from the campsite to Sunday lunch at Hoveton. (Green that is in the sense of the lanes we will travel, rather than the economy of our driving!)
This route will take in nine green-lanes totalling 12 miles, with road sections in between of a further 37 miles, all of which have been driven by an Australian Moke. They are mostly overgrown but only with soft flora and there will be no muddy ruts. However, there are a few hardened ruts which will cause no problems for 13” & 12” wheeled Mokes, but maybe challenge 10” wheels as they mount and straddle the tracks. It is estimated that this route will take 3 hours to travel, so in order to have lunch at 13.00, we will need to leave the campsite at 10.00 on Sunday morning.
For those not wishing to experience Moking off-tarmac, there is a road only route to lunch which will leave the site at approximately 11.30, giving time for a leisurely drive to the venue & a little sight-seeing on arrival. After lunch, there will be a convoy to the Norfolk Tank Museum from Hoveton, with no green lanes.
If anyone is Moke-less and would like to ride with me and navigate, I would be very grateful, as reading the sat-nav in an open Moke, in the promised sun-shine, whilst driving, will be difficult! (Outline of the route is attached. Memory Map and GPX files will be placed on the club facebook site)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Getting ahead of the game - I have created a photo album for this weekends National, so easy to put your pics onto the forum gallery.
Will be setting off to Norfolk in the morning, looking forward to seeing everyone!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
johng
MMC Member

Post by johng »

Well done Richard ! I know it is a lot of work to sort out these Green Routes.
If you don't find a navigator , I will come with you although I would rather get stuck - oops I mean drive - my own Moke.

Paul - I take it Sunday Lunch is individual chose rather than anything booked ?

Return to “Moke Club National Weekend - June 29th/July 1st”