IMMM 27-29JULY

International Mini Moke Meeting, Luxembourg.
Esslinger

Re: IMMM 27-29JULY

Post by Esslinger »

Pig Pen Love Machine wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:56 ... from mainland EU turning up as has happened on the previous two IMMM's eg Switzerland, Germany, etc plus others
Hope the Swiss turn up at all if you squeeze em into EU ...
I know it's only a MOKE but I like it, like it, yes, I do ....

Portuguese Moke
Daniel
MMC Member

Post by Daniel »

Returned safely from IMMM at about 5pm. It was a pleasure to meet you all again. We are already looking forward to the next event.

We hope Jez‘s Moke had not any more problems on the way back to UK.

Regards, Daniel
The Moke model car overview: http://www.mokemodels.com
Pig Pen Love Machine

Post by Pig Pen Love Machine »

I can confirm that we were on the same ferry as Jez and his Moke left Dover at a pace and HIS Moke was running well.

Good to meet up with some regular and new friendly Moking enthusiasts and we are already looking forward to the Moke 55/60 IMMM International celebrations near the Nurburg ring/race track area which we believe could possibly take place on the 1st /2nd June 2019 to be confirmed by The Committee.

A big thank you to Danny and Kris for a simply brilliant road run even if only two of us navigated our way from start to finish

10-10 til we go abroad again to "Wales" subject to obtaining access Visas!
Sibbo

Post by Sibbo »

Would be a shame if it was the 1-2nd June 2018 as it would stop any UK people with kids coming as it is at the end of the holidays...

Maybe the weekend before the bank holiday??
LAWSONSMOKE

Post by LAWSONSMOKE »

I believe this date was proposed to suit all nationalities that regularly attend the International Mini Moke Meeting as the holidays in Germany are different to the UK, that way it is fair to all members.
aubreythomas

Post by aubreythomas »

Pig Pen Love Machine wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:13 I can confirm that we were on the same ferry as Jez and his Moke left Dover at a pace and HIS Moke was running well.

Good to meet up with some regular and new friendly Moking enthusiasts and we are already looking forward to the Moke 55/60 IMMM International celebrations near the Nurburg ring/race track area which we believe could possibly take place on the 1st /2nd June 2019 to be confirmed by The Committee.

A big thank you to Danny and Kris for a simply brilliant road run even if only two of us navigated our way from start to finish

10-10 til we go abroad again to "Wales" subject to obtaining access Visas!
Glad the trip went well. I'm reliably informed that visa restrictions have been altered and you will be able to travel to and from Wales without any difficulty.
Look forward to seeing you at Devil's Bridge
Cheers
Aubrey
Esslinger

IMMM 27-29JULY

Post by Esslinger »

No damage - apart from a sunburn - after 4 days of moking under a lunar eclipse and blazing sun.
Survived the swimming in (reportedly 6° warm) Esch river - just wonderful!

As last year pls find attached my pics - welcome to download. Stupidly the portrait pics got tilted by the Dropbox system :-(
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zvre9woevvup ... v9kIa?dl=0
Due to restrictions in cloud size the link will be valid for some weeks only. So better download early.

If anybody wants to install Dropbox - you may use this link below - it supports my cloud memory a weebit.
https://db.tt/oQSZkeip2D

Enjoy the rest of this wonderful summer
Wolf
I know it's only a MOKE but I like it, like it, yes, I do ....

Portuguese Moke
Sibbo

Post by Sibbo »

Laswonmoke thanks for the explanation

Dissapointing that the dates do not take in to account the English with children, we have no choice we cant take them out of school without being fined...
LAWSONSMOKE

Post by LAWSONSMOKE »

I think you will find all countries are fined now and the idea was it covers everyone as the main IMMM event is on the Saturday, although quite a few from the UK go out earlier and this will be in the school holidays for the UK whereas Europeans can stay after. If you have been before you probably know quite a few leave on Sunday, luckily it's only Germany this year so not to far to Calais. Eddie
Sibbo

Post by Sibbo »

Thanks Eddie

Without trying to cause a problem I am even more confused now as according to google the German whit weekend is the 10th June 2019 so the dates selected don’t seem to tie up with anything??
LAWSONSMOKE

Post by LAWSONSMOKE »

No problem at all. I was there when dates were being discussed and this date seemed to suit all present with children so it maybe an inset day, our local school has plenty of those!
Daniel
MMC Member

Post by Daniel »

Hi,
the idea was to combine the English bank holiday an May 27th with the public holiday in Germany on May 30th when a lot of people also have the Friday off from work or school.
With this combination the main IMMM days could be Friday and Saturday.
Hope this clarifies a little bit.

Nevertheless Nigel has to check whether it will be possible to get acces to the ring on these days. I also have seen that the week after (Whit sun) there is a large rock festival at the ring so that weekend would not work.

Regards,
Daniel
Pig Pen Love Machine

Post by Pig Pen Love Machine »

Hi Daniel

Great to catch up with you and the family last weekend and I hope Marco is on the mend.

The dates you suggest appear to work as well as possible for all nationalities and families and you have been a regular at the IMMM since the second one where we first met and for sure you and the family know how successful IMMMs are achieved. . We all have great memories of the one you organised in the Black Forrest area.
I am sure between our enthusiastic Chairman and you our European co ordinator you will sort out a great venue and dates to maximise attendance .
Hopefully we can achieve at least 55 Mokes at the next IMMM which will be a birthday party 🎈.
See you next year and I do like the idea of maybe running it over three or dare I say even four days

10-10 til we do it again
PPLM🐷❤️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Daniel
MMC Member

Post by Daniel »

Yes, good to meet some friends on a regular base.
Marco is well again with the fixing on his arm already removed. We are ready for our trip to Switzerland tomorrow.

Let‘s see what Nigel finds amd I will helpnas good as possible.

Regards
Daniel
dingbat0

Post by dingbat0 »

Well done Paul, Karen and the Belgian Mini Club, great weekend (even though the Moke played up AGAIN) thoroughly enjoyed it, Mick, Yvonne and Charlotte.

Return to “IMMM - July 27th/29th”