London's New Year's Day Parade 2019

Jez

Re: London's New Year's Day Parade 2019

Post by Jez »

Good morning Andy,

Lost internet last night so belayed and sincere thanks for sorting yesterday's NYDP. It was good to see as many Mokes as there were, especially those that braved it from the North !

North of Watford that is :D

It was amusing that nobody had thought to inform the NYDP commentator's en-route that Miss Gt Britain didn't actually turn up. I believe that at one point Mrs Potter was the stand in !

Thanks again Andy, I hope to see you on Friday.

Jez
DBL 785B
johng
MMC Member

Post by johng »

Thanks again Andy

FYI On YouTube there is the full 4 hour broadcast and unfortunately the Mokes don't make highlight but we do appear behind Marching Band @ 2.39 & 2.41 . One year they might show us in our full glory LOL
Lindandy

Post by Lindandy »

Thanks for coming, All I did was to ask. It's the 14 Mokes that turned out on New Year's day in central London that made the day. Give yourselves a big pat on the back!!! Andy
j Beeton

Post by j Beeton »

Hi Andy,
Good to finally meet up after all the e-mails! Enjoyable event and a perfect day weather wise - how did you arrange that :D Its great being able to park up in prime location in Central London and not be chased around by PCO,s !
Shame Miss GB/UK whatever did not turn up , I suspect that being a perfectly respectable young person she got suitably trashed the night before , ah those were the days :lol: :lol:
Lindandy

Post by Lindandy »

Hi James, good to meet you at long last!!! Very pleased with the turnout, as I said all I can do is to ask people if they're interested and sit back and wait!! 14 Mokes at most events would be a good turnout but to have that many on New Year's day in central London is fantastic. It would have been 16 if not for injury and illnesses at the last minute. I'll find out what happened to miss GB and let you know. Happy New year to everyone and see you at an event soon!! Andy.
Lindandy

Post by Lindandy »

Just had a reply from Joe Bone, he's one of the directors at Destination Events who organise the LNYDP . He tells me that Miss GB was stuck in Scotland courtesy of British Rail!! He only found out today and had no idea that she hadn't shown up on the day. Evidently she is very upset at not being able to make it. So there you have it!! Andy.

Return to “London New Years Day Parade 2019”