Bicester Heritage Scramble 28th April - Participants Wanted

jocro69

Bicester Heritage Scramble 28th April - Participants Wanted

Post by jocro69 »

The organisers of the Bicester Heritage Scramble on April 28th 2019 - Drive-it Day have invited the Mini Moke Club to participate in this important event, and will set aside a suitable space around the Heritage Site. Those that attend, as part of the Club stand, are entitled to specially discounted tickets obtainable from the on-line box office with the club promotional code.
https://bicesterheritage.co.uk/whaton/s ... ve-it-day/
For those that do not know Bicester Heritage, it is the unique and fast growing centre for classic vehicle & aviation repair and restoration. The FBHVC run their apprentice schemes here.The 'Scrambles' are held several times each year and attract a large and eclectic range of vehicles, from the dawn of motoring history to the modern day.
The site is just off the M40, adjacent to the A34 & A43, and very easy to reach.
The 'Drive-it Day' event will concentrate on vehicles first made before 1990 (which includes all Mokes). It is attended by a number of invited clubs (see the web page) who have designated areas, and individuals who just turn up in their classics and park around the roads and spaces between buildings, wherever they can. This leads to wonderfully informal & varied display of some of the best classic vehicles in the country.

All those attending will receive a 'club' discount on tickets (approximately 20%) and the Club two free 'management' tickets. The club will feature in the official advertising and the programme. The club can pitch its flags and gazebos, and use the event to promote its events and to attract new members.

In order to do confirm this, I need to find at least 10 members who are prepared to attend in their Mokes (or Ants). I will take care of the administration and tickets etc.

IF YOU ARE ABLE, AND WOULD LIKE, TO BRING YOUR MOKE ALONG TO THIS EVENT ON 28TH APRIL PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

I look forward to hearing from you. Richard
aubreythomas

Re: Bicester Heritage Scramble 28th April - Participants Wanted

Post by aubreythomas »

Hi Richard not heard any more about this event. In the meantime something else has come up that means we're no longer able to join you in Bicester. Hope it goes well.
Regards
Aubrey
jocro69

Post by jocro69 »

That's a great shame, Aubrey. It would have been good to see you.
Including you, we would have been eight and I was waiting to see if I could get a couple more before arranging the tickets.
Richard
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Hi Richard. I have negotiated a pass out. So count me in.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
jocro69

Post by jocro69 »

Tremendous news, Graham. Sadly Aubrey has dropped out, but I will still go ahead and tell the organisers we have a enough for a club stand and get a promo code from them for the tickets.
jocro69

Post by jocro69 »

I have now confirmed the attendance of the Club at this event with the organisers, and should shortly be able to advise attendees of the promotional code that should be used when booking discounted tickets. Now that Aubrey has regrettably dropped out, we are short of a representative Portuguese Moke. Can I twist anyone's arm to bring one along???
I would also like to learn the procedure of getting hold of a couple of Club flags and a Club gazebo. Any advice would be gratefully accepted.
jocro69

Post by jocro69 »

I now have the details for Bicester, and below are the instructions for obtaining tickets. I will be on site early, but there is no particular time requirement for you to be on site, but as soon as possible would be nice to make the most of the day. Details from the organisers here:

"Thank you for registering the Mini Moke Club for the 28th April Sunday Scramble, your club discount code is MMC419 . Clubs attending with 10 vehicles or more will be allocated their own club parking display area.

http://bicesterheritage.co.uk/whaton/su ... ve-it-day/ Click on the ‘Buy tickets’ button which takes you to the booking page https://bicesterheritage.co.uk/?ticket= ... le-tickets

Click on the blue text ‘Enter Promo Code’ link towards the top of the ‘Tickets’ block on the booking page and input your club discount code MMC419 then click ‘Apply’. The club ticket option will then become visible at the top of the list of ticket options for you to select. Please note, if another ticket type is purchased instead of the Club Vehicle ticket, there will not be a space allocated in the club parking display area.

For the Drive it Day Sunday Scramble tickets will be sold online in advance only, there will be no tickets available on the gate. Please can you remind your members of this and the club ticket closing date of no later than midnight Sunday 21st April (subject to availability)".

Look forward to seeing you
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi Richard,
How many attendees are we hoping for?
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
jocro69

Post by jocro69 »

I have the following Mokers down for the visit to Bicester on April 28th:

Harry Williams
Chris Waldram
Richard Crowe
Ian McLachie
Jon Daniels
Graham Thomas
Paul Upton
Paul Hancox
Steve Hall

If I have missed out anyone, or included somebody who can no longer make it, then please let me know ASAP. There is plenty of room for more, so go the the ticket site address: https://bicesterheritage.co.uk/?ticket= ... le-tickets and book with code MMC419.
Looking forward to seeing you there. Richard.
jocro69

Post by jocro69 »

HELP
I have received a mail from the Bicester organisers saying that ONLY 5 tickets have been purchased using the Club Promo Code of MMC419.
If you have not purchased your ticket yet, please do so ASAP and use the promo code at the top left of the ticket page here: https://bicesterheritage.co.uk/?ticket= ... le-tickets If you have already purchased tickets and did NOT use the promo code, please let me know ASAP, so I can advise the organisers that you are part of the Moke contingent. Without proof of 10 vehicles, a designated site cannot be guaranteed and I will have to get up even earlier to mark out a space!
I have the following Mokers down for the event:
Harry Williams
Chris Waldram
Richard Crowe
Ian McLachie
Jon Daniels
Graham Thomas
Paul Upton
Paul Hancox
Steve Hall
Please buy your ticket, &/or advise me urgently if you didn't use the code. Looking forward to hearing from you. Richard.Crowe@Mokeclub.org
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi Richard,
Got my ticket with the code!
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
flyboy

Post by flyboy »

Hi Richard ,
Ticket booked using code.
See you Sunday.

Flyboy.
jocro69

Post by jocro69 »

The following names are NOT shown under the Club Promo Code:
Chris Waldram
Jon Daniels
Paul Hancox
If you have already purchased tickets, please let me have the order/ticket number
Thanks
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi Richard,
A cool but great day out, thanks for arranging it.
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D

Return to “Other Events 2019”