5th May Moke Drive in North Lancashire & Cumbria

David Hunt
MMC Member

5th May Moke Drive in North Lancashire & Cumbria

Post by David Hunt »

Two years ago a group of Mokees from "Up North" had a great drive to the Tan Hill Pub (highest in England) after the Barbon Hillclimb event was cancelled.

So it's about time to do it again, albeit to a different pub, in an equally scenic setting.

Outline plan is to start near Junction 36 on the M6 and to head towards Kirkby Stephen for a lunch halt and returning towards the Trough of Bowland with a fish and chip supper stop to finish.

09.30ish Start
12.30ish Lunch
16.30ish Finish
Approx road mileage 120.

Guaranteed great roads through the remoter parts of Lancs and Cumbria although I can't guarantee the weather on the day!

There are campsites in the area for those who might want to make a weekend of it (it is May Day Bank Holiday weekend) or just need a stop over if going to travel a distance.

Please get in touch if you want to join in so I can keep you in the loop.

SMS 07947 611478 or email mokemembership "at" gmail.com

Ciao for now
D
aubreythomas

Re: 5th May Moke Drive in North Lancashire & Cumbria

Post by aubreythomas »

Hi Dave this sounds good please count us in. I'll message you as per the details you provided but for anyone else intetested, we've booked into Crooklands Hotel nr Kendal and about mile from junction 36 for Saturday night. I've stayed there number of times on motorbike runs and can recommend it.
Thanks Aubrey
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Hi, booked in and staying at Park Cliffe Campsite, Newby bridge.

https://www.parkcliffe.co.uk/
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
peterbradbury

Post by peterbradbury »

Hi David,

Unfortunately I've a big event with work over that weekend so can't join you! Wish I could.

Regards

Peter
67 Morris Moke
David Hunt
MMC Member

Post by David Hunt »

Now that the April edition of Moking has been mailed to the membership, eagle eyed peeps will have seen the STOP PRESS STOP PRESS announcement on page 8 that the scenic drive has been re badged as "Mokes to the Fat Lamb" which is the venue for the lunch halt. The Fish and Chip supper stop will be at Banny's in Colne. In all other respects the event is the same as regards route and timings although the 9.30ish depart becomes 9.30 prompt from the Junction 36 Auction Centre just off M6. The auction centre are happy for any vehicle/trailer combinations to be left for the day, whilst we go off and enjoy ourselves, provided the trailer is locked securely to the tow vehicle tow ball.

Junction 36 Auction Centre, Crooklands, Milnthorpe, Cumbria, LA7 7FP

Fuel is available at the Texaco Garage, Crooklands, Milnthorpe LA7 7NX a few minutes from Junction 36.

Lunch can be taken at the Fat Lamb but please don't take your own food into the pub! I think they can do a light lunch i.e. sandwiches and fries etc that don't appear on the menu.

The supper halt is at Banny's and provided we can get a party of 12 or more together we can partake of the Party Menu at £8.00 for one course or £11 for two course, with complimentary tea or coffee.

http://boundarymill.co.uk/wp-content/up ... u_0718.pdf

However we do need to pre order to avail ourselves of a dedicated seating area and the discounted menu.

I will be emailing those who have indicated that they will be joining the event to secure your food order.

If you haven't already been in touch but want to join the 10 or so Mokes already signed up then please contact me as before on 07947 611478 or email mokemembership at gmail.com. (replace at with @)

Ciao for now David
kevinrosie666999

Post by kevinrosie666999 »

Hi all,

Kev is fixing the Tonka ... we are camping tomorrow up in Cumbria for a weeks holiday.
This is the first camping trip for our new puppy English Springer Spaniel ' Marco Polo'..
being new puppy parents... is gunna be fun?? Hope Marco leaves us a tent to sleep in?? ha ha :)

Look forward to seeing you all for this lovely road trip, lets hope the weather perks up again !! :)
See you all soon and thanks again Dave for all the road trip details ..
We are packed ready to rock n roll up to the Beautiful Northern Hills :)
Cheers
Rosie, Kevin and Marco :)
David Hunt
MMC Member

Post by David Hunt »

Thanks to Robin & Hanna, Nigel & Hilary, Janet & Steve, Mark & Vanessa, Judith & Graham, Helena & Aubrey, Raymond and last, but by no means least, Rosie & Kevin & Marco the Springer Spaniel in the Tonka Toy, for doing the run on Sunday. :)

On the whole it was cold but dry until an hour before the lunch halt when light rain started and the temperature dropped. :shock: Warmed by the welcoming fire at the lunch halt :D we all recovered and the weather perked up a bit in the afternoon for the run to Colne. Great craic with you all :lol: Let's do it again sometime, albeit to a different pub. :wink:

P.S. My grateful thanks to Sandy the navigator who receed the route with me and read the tulip route on the day. 8) :)
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D

Return to “Other Events 2019”