Preamble for the event

Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Preamble for the event

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

As those of you who attended this years IMMM in Luxembourg may be aware it is hoped to have the 2019 event based in the Eiffel region of Germany. Specifically around the Nurburgring area, I have been doing some reconnaissance over this weekend but it would help greatly if there was someone on here that lives in or around the area who would be willing to help with a little local knowledge and/or advice.
I'm not looking for someone to take on the whole of the organisation just to give me a hand occasionally, so if you can do anything drop me a pm or contact me through the club channels

Ta, Nigel
Come on summer
gizmoke

Re: Preamble for the event

Post by gizmoke »

When will you know the dates... after the AGM?
gizmoke

Post by gizmoke »

As I want to book my holidays 😁
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

The slight problem that's rearing its head at the moment is that there is a rock concert taking place at the 'ring the weekend after we are planning on being there. I've been informed by my British expert that it could take more than a week to set up for the concert, in which case the place will be shut if I stick to the origional plan........but then again, German efficiency being what it is......
Usually the 'ring releases the dates when it's open in November but I'm trying to contact them to find out before that (with no success as yet :( )
Come on summer
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

UPDATE.
Although it may have been a little quiet re. information about the event things have been moving ahead behind the scenes.
We now have the campsite booked from Thursday 30th of May until Monday 3rd of June. The campsite don't want to deal with individual bookings, from the uk particularly, so I've booked and paid a deposit for a block of ten pitches with an option of more if we need them.
As we (the club) has had to pay a deposit it's been decided that anyone booking a place will have to pay a deposit of £20 when they book. So, if you go to the club shop, click on event payments in the blue header and then complete the process as a member or guest your money will go directly to the treasurer and we will have your details logged so we know who's coming.
You can also let me know by any other method that takes your fancy if you like
This system will also work whether you are paying in sterling or euros

We've also had some interesting news on the event itself in the form of an email from the 'ring saying "Although it is not usual practice we may be able, in your case, to make the track available for your sole use for a period towards the end of the day"

It might not be written in stone but it's looking pretty promising, and with a visit to the local castle, a sweet factory shop, toboggan run, sailing on the Rhine it looks as though we've got a packed (long birthday) weekend in store for you all
Come on summer
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Thanks for the Info, Nigel. Booked and paid.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

I've split this into two parts so as to make it a little more digestible, so here's part 2

Prices:- Caravans/motorhomes = €9 per night
Small!!? Tent. = €7 per night
Electric hookup = €4 per night
Adults = €6 Child under 12 €2 per night
Dogs = €2.5 per night (that's a bit ruff)
There are also two rooms available at the campsite for those who don't like tenting.....but be quick because one of them has gone already! The remaining room is €55 per night
A lap of the 'ring = €25 - €30 from memory

Precedence will be given to club members but the event is open to all. Please could we have your bookings by the 28 th February 2019 so that we can keep the campsite informed
Come on summer
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

I know you have graham, that's the beauty of this system. I get an email telling me who's paid so ther should be no slip ups. :D
Come on summer
Daniel
MMC Member

Post by Daniel »

Also booked and paid! :wink:
The Moke model car overview: http://www.mokemodels.com
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Very good, I've put all your details in my special in box so that you can be kept informed as things progress
Come on summer
David Hunt
MMC Member

Post by David Hunt »

Deposit Paid :wink:
Jez

Post by Jez »

Deposit paid let's go !

Jez
DBL 785B
4mokes

Post by 4mokes »

Deposit paid . Looking forward to it already as we may not make the IMM this year .

Paul and louisa
jocro69

Post by jocro69 »

Deposit paid for one of the rooms available at the campsite, as previously discussed.
Sibbo

Post by Sibbo »

Hello, will be booking soon but wondered if there was any information on the campsite name or website??

Return to “IMMM 2019 - May 30th-June 3rd”